Chapter 13 - Intoxicated

Disclaimer - ☣ 💋

The party was different on the balcony, wilder. When she found her friends, Chloe had been making out with Harper. Evelyn filled some neon-colored shots and applauded for the make-out session.

"Yes!", she screamed with a high-pitched voice, when Harper and Chloe finished. She gave them two shots and they swallowed it in one go. The girls laughed.

"Did you find Liam?", Evelyn asked when handing her a pink-colored shot. Charlotte nodded and took it. It burned in her throat. She made a sour face.

"It's good stuff." Harper took another one and started rubbing her butt against one of the boys behind her. Charlotte didn't understand how Harper managed to find a new play-toy so fast. Evelyn handed her another shot and Charlotte felt her mind turn in her skull. Maybe she should stop? She let herself hang over the balcony and saw Liam looking up. He waved and she waved back. Evelyn pulled her back.

"No waving to exes. Bad!" She smiled drunkenly and Charlotte let herself fall against the wall. "You should get someone else. That one!" Evelyn pointed at one of the guys around them. He looked back with a weird look on his face. Charlotte recognized him as one of Liam's friends and immediately felt sick. Even after that much alcohol, she would never make out with one his stupid friends.

"No!", Charlotte looked away from the guy.

"Okay, then.. then.." Evelyn pressed her lips on Charlottes. Charlotte's eyes opened wide and she pulled back.

"Evelyn, what are you doing?"

"Oh, you need one lesbian make-out session before you graduate. You have the softest lips." Evelyn pushed another shot in her hands and Charlotte drank without thinking. It did feel kind of good to kiss Evelyn. Not that she liked girls, but... She leaned forward and kissed Evelyn again, using her tongue this time.

Evelyn laughed and responded to Charlotte's kiss like she meant it: "See, that's what I mean."

Both of them laughed. Charlotte had never done anything like that. She hoped no one had filmed it, but she did see the guys around them staring. Why did boys think it was so hot when two girls kissed? It just meant that they liked kissing girls more than kissing them. The world around Charlotte spun around and Evelyn gave her another shot, but she refused. She had been drunk before, but this time it felt different. Did she just kiss Evelyn? That was real, right? She looked around again and saw the boys still staring. She just started dancing to the beat.

After a while, the music seemed louder than ever. The lights made her surroundings look pink and blue. Everything mixed together into one blur of happy colors, hypnotizing her.

"Charlotte?", she heard Evelyn ask, but her voice seemed weird and distant. A feeling of euphoria entered her body, like she could do whatever she wanted. Like she wasn't Charlotte Anderson anymore, but just some girl kissing other girls.

She wanted sex.

What? Charlotte looked around, to check if she'd said that out loud. She had never felt that way before, but she wanted to do things she'd never even done before. She didn't recognize that feeling.

"Charlotte, are you alright?" Evelyn's face appeared in front of her, her eyes big and bright, like two gigantic, shiny golf balls.

"Yeah", Charlotte answered, but her voice was slow and unsteady: "I'm going to pee. I feel odd."

"Good." Evelyn took some of Charlotte's hair and played with the ends.

Her legs felt heavy, like she was about to fall. She grabbed the back of one of the chairs. "Woah!" She smiled, but felt anxious on the inside, as if she was losing control. "I don't feel so well. Will you go to the bathroom with me?"