Surprising Promotion

Start from the beginning

All the teens blushed.

"W-what?!" Deuce stuttered. "I did not hold hands with her! With either of them!" 

Ace wrinkled his nose. "Gross! I would never do that! And just how old are you?"

Crowley ignored Ace's question. "I am overwhelmed with emotion," he told them.

Really? I didn't notice.

The headmaster wiped his eyes and turned to Lev, a determined look now set on his face. "Yes, this incident confirms it. Leviline, without a doubt, you have talent as a beast tamer!"

Lev's eyes widened. "A beast tamer?" She thought for a moment. "Well, I did grow up with several brothers, so I am used to...'taming' things." 

"Indeed," the crow-man agreed. "Students of Night Raven College are budding wizards called here by the Dark Mirror. However, they are of a superior class, meaning that many become prideful and egotistical. They don't have even the slightest idea of how to work with others. This makes many of them selfish and self-centered."

Lev nodded, remembering the ceremony incident. None of the students were willing to help each other, but instead passed the blame and work back and forth until somebody finally stood up and took care of the problem themselves. She was now even more grateful for the students that assisted her with treating her burns. They must have been some of the few kind ones.

Or they just didn't want to get in trouble for being bystanders.

"Um, we're right here," Ace grumbled, not happy that the headmaster was talking trash about all the students. 

"He's not really saying anything good," Grim agreed, crossing his chubby arms. 

Crowley didn't hear them. "Leviline, you don't have magic. But, perhaps, it is for that very reason that you can give instructions to wizards and get them to cooperate." He grinned. "That might be just what this school needs right now!" The two students in the room quietly glared at the headmaster, not keen on what he was suggesting. "I have no doubt that your existence is essential to the future of this academy," the crow-man concluded. "So says my educator-senses." (A/N Don't you mean, your teacher-tingle?)

Crowley stood up from his spot behind his desk and clapped his hands together. "Leviline, along with Trappola and Spade, I will rescind your expulsion and give you the qualifications to attend Night Raven College as a student!"

This genuinely surprised the teens. 

"A-a student?!" she exclaimed. "Even though I can't use magic?"

Crowley grinned. "Of course! For I am exceedingly gracious. However, there is one condition. Because you cannot use magic, it will be impossible for you to become a wizard. You will also have a difficult time completing all your lessons. That is why I will have Grim become a student with you. The two of you will enroll together, as one student."

Grim gasped, "I...I can go to this academy too?" he asked, tears brimming his eyes. "As a student?!" 

"Yes," the headmaster said. "On the condition that you don't ever let an incident like yesterday occur again! Do we have an agreement?"

Grim pumped his tiny fists in the air. "You bet! I'll do anything!"

Crowley looked at Lev. "And you?"

"Yes," Lev agreed, smiling. "Thank you very much, Headmaster."

Crowley smiling. "Well then, I shall give the symbol of your status as a student of Night Raven College, a magic crystal, to Grim." The headmaster pulled out two small gems, just like the ones on the tips of Ace and Deuce's pens, and handed them to Lev. One was a pure white while the other had a more purplish tint. Both were inlaid in a delicate gold frame. "I will give you one too, Leviline. You never know when you might need it. It is the norm for students to have their magic crystals in the form of a 'magical pen' but, I do think it would be difficult for Grim to grip it in his paws, and Leviline won't be casting magic with it. Feel free to find whatever means of using the crystals will be easiest for you. Aren't I so gracious?"