6- Little Sister

Nico's Pov

I dropped the contents of the vial out underneath the table, I still found it odd that this thing that I only knew to fear could actually be used for something, as I waited for Percy, Annabeth, Piper, Leo, and Jason to get their food. Hazel, Frank, and RaRa were currently at Camp Jupiter and I had stopped by McDonalds earlier... for a happy meal... don't judge me!

I sat at the end of the bench facing the forest at the Poseidon table, Annabeth sat down across from me, Percy next to her and Leo on the other side of Percy, while Jason was next to me with Piper next to him. I knew the conversation I needed to start but I didn't know how to start it.

I fazed out while thinking, but talk about how Percy's mother was expecting caught my attention, this is too perfect.

"Oh, are you excited to finally have a younger sibling? I've heard you've always wanted a little sister." I said, jumping at the opportunity to have him bring up Ash.

His expression wavered a bit, but he brought it back to a bright smile as he spoke but it wasn't the same, I guess Ash really wasn't lying. "Ye-Yea! I can't wait! I just hope we get along well, I know not all sibling do."

I didn't know how to continue, but one again I was saved, this time by Annabeth. "Hey Seaweed Brain, you ok? There really isn't any reason to be nervous, what's wrong?"

"Wh- What? Nothing wrong, what gave you that idea?"

"Please, anyone could tell that somethings up, something about what Nico said hit deep, what was it?"

"I- uhh, well... the truth is, I haven't always wanted a little sister, I want my little sister." YES! That was all I needed I looked to the forest and saw Ash sitting in a tree, even from here I could tell she was shocked.

"Wait, what? You have a sister!" Annabeth, as well as everyone else at the table, was completely shocked. Annabeth had known him since he was twelve years old, and she never new.

"Had. She's been gone for about 7 years. I- I want to believe that she's ok, but... I think she was a demigod, since she was left by her dad at my mom's door and all...  and well..." He didn't need to finish, surviving as a demigod was hard enough even if you were at camp, without it? Your chances weren't good. His head was in his hands with his hair covering his face, his shoulders were shaking and I could tell he was crying. I couldn't let this go on any longer. I looked to Ash and nodded, I knew she understood as she then jumped from the tree as I started to speak.

"Percy? I- I know how it is to loose a sister, and I'm sorry you had to go through that, but I- umm... I met Ash." He slowly looked up, terrified, what did I do wrong?

"So, she- she's.... she's really dead?"

"Oh my gods, no, I'm so sorry, I met her in the woods earlier today, she's ok, she's actually doing great." His face lit up and he started running to the forest. Annabeth caught up to him and tackled him.

"Percy! Calm down. How do we even know it's really her?" Annabeth, always the voice of reason.

"ASH! How else would he know her name?! I have to find her!"

"Percy stop! She's coming, just, give her a minute, this is a lot for her as well." I spotted Ash a little bit away " There she is- or" She disappeared, I looked to Percy only to see two arms around his chest.

629 Words