Shortly after I noticed that Amelia was not participating in her conversation which was unusual for her, I turned to her to find the cause of her silence.

I saw her smile at someone at the back of the room, someone who despite being here for a short time is really starting to get on my nerves, then she moves her gaze to me and said "Nick for today what do you think if you sit next to Prudence while I go to keep Matthew company. ''

With a mocking smile Prudence said to me "Now that you've been dumped we can go sit down too!"

We went to sit in the second row after we got settled the teacher came into the classroom. I turned to see what Amy was up to, saw her laugh and joke with the new guy, she felt the anger start to build inside her.

I look away from the scene before she loses control and she starts a fight here in the classroom and she felt Prudence's provocative gaze on her.

"What's Prudence?"

"Aren't you jealous that your Amy has finally found a friend to play with?"

Indifferently I tried to avoid the question "I have no idea what you are talking about."

She replied "I really think so instead. Tell me why you never had the guts to tell her what you really feel about her?"

"I don't think of Amelia that way to me she is like a younger sister." I am aware that you can tell by my tone of voice that I lie.

The truth is, to me she's more than a long time "sister".

Prudence threw me another provocation "So you with your 'little sister' would like to commit incest?"

I didn't answer the question hoping that the Dark Lord would grant me the grace to put an end to this torment or that the hour would simply pass very quickly.

"Since you don't answer my question then you won't mind if I go to Amelia and tell her that the reason she never had a boyfriend around her in all her adolescence is because of you, right? I wonder how she might react to finding that her best friend is too cowardly to tell her what he really feels but at the same time too jealous to allow her to see any other man besides him. "

Due to the set of emotions I was feeling at that moment I gave in and confessed that everything she says is true. What I fear is how Prudence will use all this information against me, I guess if she is okay with me I will have to do her homework for the rest of my existence.

I hid my head with my hands and heard Prudence say to me again "Oh Nicky! No need to despair like this."

I muttered these words "Prudence have a little pity, please."

"Who would have thought the number 1 player of the academy pining to pieces for love."

A few minutes of silence passed between us while the teacher had begun to explain. I looked back once more and saw an even worse scene than the previous one.

There was Amelia who was talking about something while there was him who was looking at her with dreamy eyes.

Prudence was watching that scene too and said "You know Nicky also I don't like Matthew there is something that doesn't convince me about him."

***

After the herbology class was over I moved to the library, where I stayed for most of the rest of the morning.

In the middle of the study she heard a voice coming from afar greet me.

-Hello Amelia.

I looked up at that voice and recognized the boy she belonged to.

-Hello Matthew. Is there anything I can do for you?

He smiled shyly and ran a hand through his hair with embarrassment then started talking to me.

-I wanted to ask you if you wanted to grant me the honor of going out with you for dinner one of these days you know it's since I met you yesterday that I can't stop thinking about you.

-Wow I didn't expect this.

I wouldn't be honest with myself if I said I wasn't happy with the proposal he made me he's a nice guy and he seems like a cool guy, but should I really accept?

-Amelia I promise you that if you give me a chance I will not disappoint you.

At the end of the day it's just an appointment in case if the appointment didn't go through, nothing bad would have happened.

-Yes, I'll go out with you.

Having said these words she handed me some flowers that she had kept hidden for all this time we talked behind her back.

I took them and looked at them carefully, they are simply wonderful. It is a simple bouquet of white roses. While not my favorites, they are still beautiful.

-Matthew I don't know what to say! They are simply wonderful ...

-In my opinion, however beautiful a flower may be, it will always disfigure before your beauty Amelia.

After this comparison my cheeks were on fire, no one has ever made me compliments like that also because maybe it was I who prevented them.

-So how about organizing for tomorrow night?

She asks me.

-Tomorrow would be perfect. For what time?

-What do you say to see us for exactly seven tomorrow night at the school entrance.

-I'll be there.

She places a chaste kiss on my cheek and greets me and then leaves leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Constructive feelings pervade my body of which I am perfectly aware of the reason.

For everyone I know I have never been interested in anyone in a romantic sense, they think so because I was the one who made them believe it. All my life I have been in love with my best friend without ever being reciprocated.

In time I decided to keep my feelings for Nicholas locked up in my heart so as not to risk losing his friendship. I don't think I can bear the fact of not having him in my life anymore even if he will not be mine but someone else's.

I think I will always be in love with Nicholas but it is time for me to move on with my life and as far as I know Matthew might be the one to take that step.

After I get away from my thoughts, I look at the time on my cell phone and realize it's time to go to lunch.

I collect my things and my flowers then I go to the common room.

Once I have taken the tray with my lunch I go to the table where Nicholas and the strange sisters are.

-Hello guys !!