Bandages and Ice Cubes

Start from the beginning

Who would've thought Schneizel, King Satan, had experience in bandaging and nursing of all things?

"Why didn't you just take me to the infirmary?" It was the logical thing to do, right? Instead of bothering with me, he could've reported my case or something and had me taken to the infirmary. Heck, why would someone like him at the very top of the hierarchy care about little ol' me?

"And risk having you molested again? I think not. No inmate in his right mind here goes to the infirmary. Unless they want to be molested."

I just stared at the King like an idiot. There was nothing to say back to that, really.

"So... You have any idea how long I need to keep the bandages on?" I genuinely wanted to know. My heartbeat started slowly going back to normal as we conversed.

Schneizel thought for a few seconds, looked at the calendar hanging on the wall and then replied, "About three weeks, just to be safe."

"That's good. Last time it took a whole month until the bandages were removed."

An awkward, heavy silence stretched between us.

"I've fractured this arm before... which is probably why it was so easy to fracture this time..."

He said nothing.

Biting my lip, I looked away. I couldn't remember the last time I'd felt this self-conscious.

I wanted to ask him to get off of me but I was afraid that would tick him off; the last thing I wanted to do in my current state was piss off a murderer.

"Are you thirsty?" Asked Schneizel, breaking the deafening silence as he reached for a glass cup sitting on the cell's floor right next to the double bunk. The glass was filled ice cubes for some reason.

"Uh... sure." I was feeling a little parched, my throat dry.

I watched as the King fished out an ice cube from the glass cup and then placed the glass back on the floor again.

"Open your mouth," he commanded, holding the ice cube right in front of my mouth.

My brows furrowed in confusion.

"What?"

"Open your mouth," he repeated, his tone brooking no argument.

I wasn't about to argue with Schneizel.

Hesitantly, I parted my lips. Schneizel held the ice cube to my mouth.

"Suck."

I proceeded to suck on it, my face a crimson red. This was by far the weirdest thing I had ever done with anybody, let alone a man. The cube didn't take long to completely melt in my mouth, water dribbling down the corners. Schneizel slowly raised the fingers that had held the ice cube and licked the melted water droplets away.

Strangely entranced, I watched his tongue dart out and lick his long fingers one by one, and then my eyes followed his hand as it fished another ice cube out of the glass. It was like I had entered a trance of sorts. This time, when he brought the ice cube to my mouth, I wasn't so hesitant. I sucked the cube with the vigor of a dehydrated man. As I sucked, my eyes fluttered closed on their own accord. I was becoming strangely lightheaded.

Tha-dump. Tha-dump.

Was it just my imagination or was my heart beating faster?

When the last ice cube dissolved entirely in my mouth, Schneizel's index finger slipped into my mouth unexpectedly. After the many ice cubes, it seemed that my mind had been programmed because I automatically started sucking on his cold fingers.

Realizing too late, I abruptly stopped sucking, horrified and embarrassed.

Schneizel pulled his finger out of my mouth and, little by little, started leaning toward me. I watched his face get closer and closer to my own, my eyes transfixed on his lips for some reason beyond my understanding.

Was he going to kiss me?

Five inches away.

He couldn't be about to kiss me...!

Three inches away.

He was going to kiss me!

Half an inch...!

"Hey, Boss!"

The King's head banged into the upper bunk and I was jolted out of the trance I was in. My eyes flew to the cell's door to see an inmate standing there.

"What do you want?" Schneizel growled, sounding extremely irritated. He slowly slid off me like a jaguar slipping down a tree and headed to the cell door.

"T-The new s-shipment just arrived."

I slowly sat upright, careful not to hurt my left arm. Schneizel waved at the camera and the cell's metal door slip open. I expected him to just walk out of the cell without a word, but he stopped, turned around and said, "Aiden, from now on, you're under my protection, got that?"

He left before I could even reply.