chapter 2

I knock on the door. Finnick opens it.

"Hey." He greets me with a smile.

"Hey, so i was thinking... Right now my family thinks that I'm having a sleepover at Sarah's house tonight. But I'm not. We should go to the hidden beach today. It'll be fun." I smile.

"Sure." He agrees.

We go over to the hidden beach. The air seems so fresh yet salty. I have my bikini on, underneath my clothes, so I can get wet. He just takes off his shirt. We laugh and splash eachother and have fun.

Now we lay on the sand, next to eachother; letting the waves just barely touch our toes. We stare out into the distance as the sun sets. It's beautiful. Halfway through the sunset, we are sitting up, and we are playing Truth or Dare.

"Ok, truth or dare?" Finnick asks me.

"Dare." I say.

"I dare you to... swim clear out to that rock." He points to a large rock that is probobly 5-8 minutes into the ocean.

"Ok. A dare is a dare." I hesitate. I swim for about 8 minutes out. I'm there. Luckily the waves are pretty calm. "Hey, you should come out here. It's cool." I shout. He shakes his head. I start swimming back. About 1/4 of the way, I think I should have some fun. Scare him a little. I shriek. "Shark!" I lie. I pretend to be pulled down. Then I come back up for air. "Shark! Help!" I scream. I go back down. He treds through the water as fast as he can. I come up again. "Finnick! Help! Fi.." I go back down. Then up again screaming. And repeat, until he gets here.

"Jadzia?! Jade?! Jade?!" He calls out for me in fear. I think he's had enough. I come up laughing. "Oh gosh! Are you ok?! What... why are you laughing?"

"I'm fine. It was a joke." I laugh.

"Jade! I was worried! I thought you were getting killed!" He yells at me.

"Okay. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I say.

"Come on. Let's just go back on land." He tells me. He gets a head start on swimming back. I start swimming, too. All of the sudden, a huge wave crashes down on me.

I can faintly hear his voice, "I was really freaked out. Jade? Jade? Where are you? This isn't funny. Jadzia?" He keeps calling my name. I'm drowning. I can feel my lungs, giving up. I need air now, but I can't get up above the water. The area is blackening. I notice Finnick has found me and sees that I'm drowning. He puts one arm around me and gets us to air. I finally black out.

I wake up, to Finnick giving me mouth to mouth. I cough. "Oh, thank goodness!" He says.

"Finnick." I say urgently. I can feel myself starting to black out again. He's giving me mouth to mouth again. "Finnick. Finnick. Finnick." I try to say something else, but the only thing that I can say is his name. My thoughts are perfectly fine, but the rest of me is in shock. Once again, I am loosing conciousness. And once again, I wake up, to Finnick giving me mouth to mouth. "Finnick. I... w-what h-happened?" I manage to ask. My thoughts are blury when I speak.

"A wave I think. You drowned. I saved your life. I think you're okay now." He explains.

"Yea, me too. Let's continue... truth or dare. Your turn." I mention. He helps me slowly sit up. "Truth or Dare?" I ask.

"Truth." He replies.

"Do you love me?" I ask. It's a question just meant to be a joke. He kisses me, right on the lips.

"Does that tell you?" He wonders.

"Yes?" I guess.

"Who wouldn't? " he kisses me again. He is a great kisser.

"I love you." I whisper. We lay down, kiss, and look up at the stars. It's very dark tonight. No moon. But a lot of stars.

Around 9:30 ish, we decide that we should go to his house for the night. I have to be stealthy because my family could see me. Once we are inside, I am completely unstealthy.

"So, why do you always say that you don't have time for guys and don't enjoy having boyfriends?" He wonders. We sit on the edge of his bed.

"I've never liked any guy except you. And I thought that you would never like me. You were always so popular. Especially after your first games. And then even more after the quarter quell. And the whole time I was either, the crazy girl who got her sister killed cause she was too scared, or the crazy girl whi died her hair blue, or the girl who survived." I answer.

"I always liked you, too. But I felt like I was always either pretty-boy, or the the Capitol's pet boy. I always felt like you were out of my league. Especially after you volenteered then won, in your games." He replies.

"I never thought of it that way. Although you were the youngest victor ever." I say. We lay ontop of the blankets, on the bed. We talk all night long.

In the morning, my face is very pale, because I didn't get sleep. I'm falling asleep now. I try not to, but I'm so tired. Eventually I do fall asleep.

When I wake up, it is 2:02 p.m. I panick. I told my parents that I would be back at noon.

"Finnick! Finnick, where are you?! Finnick!" I shout. He isn't in the room. I run down the stairs and at the bottom of the stairs, Finnick is running up. We crash into eachother.

"Are you ok? What's wrong?" He says.

"I'm ok. But I told my family that I'd be back home at noon. Its 2:00. So, in a while I might not be." I rush my words.

"Oh. You better get home then." He says. I slip on my flip-flops and run to my house.

My grandparents are wondering where I was.

"Jadzia Lynn Vogue. You were gone for 2 hours after you said you would be back." My grandfather says.

"I was taking the long way home. I also visited Finnick." I explain.

"That boy is trouble. I've told you before. Just stay away from Finnick." My big brother, Kayyen tells me.

"Stay out of this, Kayyen! I will hang out with Finnick if I want to!" I yell at him and storm off upstairs, into my room. I lock the door. About an hour goes by.

I hear Kayyen's voice outside my bedroom door along with a knock, "hey, I'm sorry. But with grandpa being to old to deal with these things and dad not being around, it's my job to protect you. I really dont like Finnick at all... and I dont think you should be around him anymore. Sorry, Jade. I forbid you to speak to him or hang out with him anymore."