7) the unknown, forgotten kiss of 1994

Okay, so... there was no party for the achievement of performing.

We did see Reggie wiggle his butt. Some wish they hadn't...

But other than that experience, that was it on the party element of things.

However...

The four of us were now out in the open. And that gave me hope.

It's still a long way to go and still confusing as to how performing with Julie makes us visible.

But I'm not gonna dwell on that.

Sunset Curve is back.

This isn't gonna be the same as the last twenty-five years.

______________________________ •✫❁✫• _______________________________

𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚐𝚘𝚍,
𝙱𝚎  𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙, 𝚋𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚛,

______________________________ •✫❁✫• _______________________________

Isabelle sat with Luke and Reggie in the garage. Guitars and picks in hand for Izzy and Luke, bass in hand for Reggie. A notebook with scribbled lyrics laid in front of them. "My life, my life would be real low zero flying solo~" Izzy's voice was mesmerising as she sang. The instruments aiding and backing her vocals.

"Solo~" The two boys echoed with one another, keeping up the beat of the lyrics.

"Sounds great, boys." Izzy stated, back bent- her body craning to continue playing the acoustic guitar.

"Wait, so, when she says 'deep dish', is she talking about, like, pizza or...?" Izzy and Luke shared an amused grin at each other and then looked back at Reggie with the same look written on their faces.

"I don't think that's what she means, Reg." Izzy said.

"Oh, really, Isabelle... then what is Julie talking about?" It wasn't said in a confrontational manner, it was said in the 'Reginald-attempting-to-prove-a-point-in-a-very-comedic-way' manner.

"Something that isn't pizza, Reggie." Luke gave him a slanted grin. Izza found it hard to look away. The boy she was caught in a gaze with faced her way- her eyes hit the ground in an instant.

In that moment the white door of the garage opened. Julie Molina looked tense and stressed. "Julie! We wanna invite you..." Luke halted his words- for suspense, "... to join Sunset Curve." The girl's face was unchanged. The guitarist of the band pouted in Julie's direction. "Well you don't have to look so sad about it..." He collapsed dramatically and without a need onto the couch behind him.

"Flynn asked me about you guys."

Isabelle sat Julie down on the stool. "Let me guess, you had to lie to her..." Izza said it slowly and with compassion. 

That was one of the things that Luke fell for first. The way she spoke to him when the situation with his parents became too overwhelming and she would find him either climbing through her window or she'd discover him in the garage they were in currently. Both occasions involved him having a mental breakdown. And both occasions involved Isabelle Nolan calming him down; supporting him. 

And when he died, he regretted not telling her that Isabelle was the only girl he would ever love, even in death- he loved her. 

"Yeah and she didn't buy any of it!" Julie's head was in her hands. Her vision directed downwards, at her feet. The younger girl felt pressure on her shoulder. A rubbing motion that made her feel comforted. It was Isabelle.