Ch. 2: repentance

Start from the beginning

But all that seemed to just come with age like most people. And I noticed something about this older Ash. Something that caught me off guard once I saw it.

He amasses a look that could strike fear into most people and Pokemon. That look was starting to freak me out. But the thing that made me even more freaked out, was his eyes.

The once brown, friendly, and round orbs looked dead as if those eyes have seen everyone's worst nightmares.

"...No..." A cold voice rang through the area around me." That is not who I am."

My eyes widened in shock and a speck of fear once I noticed where the voice came from.

"My name isn't Ash."

'Ash' started walking to me. I started backing up and eventually hit a wall. 'Ash' was now towering over me.

This terrified me. This person who looks like Ash but isn't him is now towering over me looking at me like he's about to attack me.

"W-w-wh-hat d-do y-y-you w-w-want." I shakily asked the figure.

The figure started to growl uncontrollably.

The figure got in a running position.

The figure leaped forward.

"I AM..."

Darkness shrouded me before he finished that sentence.

I noticed something before the figure leaped at me,

it was their eyes.

Their eyes changed from a lifeless brown to a sharp gaze with their pupils having different colors.

"Aaaahhhhh!!!" I screeched out as I sprang upright in my bed from my slumber.

I was drenched in a cold sweat while heavily panting.

I took a moment to look at my surroundings and saw that I was back in my room.

"W-w-was t-th-that just a dream?" I questioned out as I tried to reminisce what I had experienced just a little while ago.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I remembered the person's face I saw in my dream.

"...Ash..." I quietly mumbled to myself as I let my head slump into my palms and let the tears pour out of my eyes while quiet sobs escaped my mouth.

This sensation.

I felt it before.

It's the same sensation I felt when Gladion went missing.

It was sorrow.

The sorrow from the fact that I couldn't see that special person once again.

The sorrow that I can't create new memories with that person.