I watched in horror as Itadori's head swung back, thick black lines painting their way across his body. Sukuna was right on time, not even a second late.

I looked to my left and saw Nobara grit her teeth together and give me an encouraging nod. For now, I need to try and suppress my emotions. If there is any chance of saving Yuuji, I need to be focused and prepared.

"You threw a welcome party for me? I'm blushing," Sukuna's voice bellowed throughout the courtyard, followed by a deep throaty laugh.

"Yes, nice of you to finally join us," Gojo said blandly, and I imagine he was rolling his eyes under that black mask.

"But I'd prefer if we could skip over the small talk. Frankly, I don't have much patience left for you".

"Fine," Sukuna snarled, "I didn't plan on sticking around too long anyway. I have quite a few more of my artifacts calling my name".

"I'm sorry," Gojo Sensei's voice grew dark, "but I will not let you take Itadori's body anywhere".

"I suppose we'll have to see if you can stop me," Sukuna hummed, his eyes scanning across the faces of all the sorcerers.

He winked when his eyes landed on me, cold shivers running down my spine. I shot him a look of disgust in response. I could never forgive that curse for everything he's done to me.

Without warning Sukuna took off into the air, moving at an incredible speed. I felt fear strike through my body when I realized he was headed right towards me. His sharp hand wrapped firmly around my bicep, yanking me along with him.

"He does not leave the school!" Gojo ordered and the group of sorcerers took off after him.

"You're going to come with me," Sukuna growled in my ear, "for several reasons, but for now you'll be the perfect human shield".

Sukuna jumped from building to building, effortlessly dodging every attack the sorcerers seemed to throw at him. It seemed like no one could get a decent shot with my body blocking his.

Nobara jumped through the air, landing in front of us and using an attack to attempt to slow him down. He reached out and practically swatted her like a fly, her body slamming hard into a nearby building. I cringed at the impact, screaming her name.

"Fuck you! Let go of me!" I thrashed in his grasp, violently trying to break free.

"It's so disappointing to see you act this way again," Sukuna faked sadness, "but I'll break you again, don't worry".

"You won't be breaking anything, especially not any of my students," Gojo Sensei appeared next to us, gracefully keeping up with Sukuna's pace.

"Drop," he ordered Sukuna like he was a dog, elegantly flipping over top of him and striking a blow to his back.

Sukuna's grip on me loosened slightly, just enough for me to kick myself free. I started falling, my heart catching in my throat as the ground got closer and closer. I quickly folded my hands together and summoned Nue, my owl-like shikigami. He swiftly appeared underneath of me, catching me effortlessly on his back and bringing me safely to the ground.

"Thank you," I looked at him sincerely before shifting my gaze back to the fight.

Gojo and Sukuna were going head to head now, bouncing from building to building and sending each other flying in opposite directions. They moved so impossibly fast that it was hard to keep track of what was happening.