Chapter Seven - 'Tipsy'

"Hey, um, Babe, I think you should stop drinking." Deadpool warns, pulling her bottle of beer away. She tries taking it back, whining.

"Please, give it back." her voice cracks as she tries climbing him to get it, "I want it back." she whines, starting to cry for an unknown reason. Him and Weasel notice the two spots by her eyes begin to get soaked in tears. They had been watching her drink senseless, mumbling stuff like 'I should've known' and 'I'll never be lovable'. Wade always tried to cheer her up by doing something silly or telling her that she's wrong, but she never listened to him.

He quickly hands the beer to Weasel and pulls down both of their masks, hiding their chins once again, "C'mon," he helps her off her seat, laying her arm over his shoulders while supporting her with an arm around her waist, "let's get you home." he quickly dumps some cash onto the counter, greeting Weasel before leaving the building through the back door.

The drunk female walks with his support, leaning onto him without hesitating. He helps her to her apartment, listening to her blabber about how she's really grateful for his help. He simply hums in response, helping her into the elevator. The two stand there, holding onto each other. Wade wonders why he hadn't just left her there. They hardly are even friends, but he cares for her enough to make sure she gets home safely.

"You're real- (hic) really nice to me, DP." she drunkenly says, looking up at him while clinging onto him. He smiles from underneath his mask, remembering the saying 'a drunk man's words is a sober man's thoughts', which means that she genuinely thinks he's nice to her.

"I try." he shrugs and helps her out of the elevator once the doors open. Deadpool helps Babe into her house after she failed to open the door, so he opened it for her. He walks her to her bedroom and sits her on her bed, "I'll be right back, stay here please."

"O-okay." he leaves the room and heads to Zoey's to make sure she's well and sleeping.

"Um, who are you?" he heard a voice perk up, so he turns around and looks at the blonde haired teenager, "Are you her father or something?" she asks. He nods, lying to her face without her knowing, "Oh, my bad."

"It's okay," he shrugs, "her mother and me just got back, so, um, you can leave now, I guess." he pauses for a few moments, "Unless we didn't pay you."

"No, she did already." she states, "Zoey's asleep right now, so I'd advise you to go in softly." she hums, packing up her things. Deadpool pops his head into the room, looking down at the small bed, looking at Zoey's sleeping form. He closes the door, letting the nightlight brighten up the room. He walks away from the door and heads to the front door, waving off the babysitter.

Wade shut the door and was about to turn around, freezing in his spot when he feels two limp arms wrap around him. He looks down, lifting an arm up, finding (y/n) with her head on his side, her arms wrapped around him, as if she came to him for protection.

He smiles under his mask and turns around, holding her in a hug, "Wade," she looks up at him, placing her chin on his chest, "can w-we cuddle?" she asks. A blush rises to Wade's cheeks, looking down at her with a shocked expression hidden beneath that mask of his.

"Er, sure." he nervously responds, then gets led to her bedroom, the door being shut behind them. She climbs onto the bed, so he does the same. She turns on her side, laying right on top of him with her arms lazily laying on his shoulders, his arms wrapping around her, bringing her into a protective embrace.

(y/n) sighs softly, her smile fading into a pout, "I haven't done this in years..." she mumbles into Deadpool's chest.

"Why not?" he asks before the voices could tell him to.