Chapter 33

Seokjin

"Hyung..." Yoongi called again breaking me out of my trance, "am off now".

"take care and have fun Yoongi ya" I smiled, closing the door to our closet I forgot what I was actually looking for.

"I will, but can you please relax" he gave me a hug, it was never in him to initiate skin-ship but I needed that. I relaxed in his hold a bit, just a bit before it all came back.

"Just be yourself and they will love you" he said, gently patting my back.

"But..." he stopped before I could finish, "don't say anything about your relationship.... Let them get to know you just as a BTS member"

"He tricked you into it, huh?" Yoongi had his trademark smirk on.

"Hmmm" I sighed, for the 100th time in past 1 hour. Ever since Jungkook said that his parents are going to stay with us in the dorm I have been a nervous wreck. They were also going to stay separately just like Yoongi with his family, but Kookie said they had to change their plans at the last minute.

"just relax Hyung... what's the worst that can happen"

I had a thousand different scenarios, they can make Kookie quit BTS... he is still technically a minor or worse they can forsake him... what is Jungkook had to choose... would he choose me over his parents, will be resent me for making him abandon his family... ain't he too young to make such choice....

"It is not like you are going to get married tomorr.." he froze mid-sentence, "Oh my god you want to marry him?!!!!", his expression comical, "like are you sure?"

I nodded; I could not stop imagining a future for us ever since I heard his words in PD's office.

"I give up" Yoongi got up but I held his bag tight, "Yoongia... what do I do?"

He took a deep breath, "play it by the ear Hyung, let them get to know you like we did... for now, I advise would be not to jump out of the closet and scare them to death.... I mean it. From what I know, they are not old fashioned, but they are still his parents"

It made sense, but at the same time it felt like I will be lying to them.

"It's almost time for me to start... my parent flight will arrive in another 30 minutes, I will meet you in 3 days..." he quickly grabbed his bag, "keep me posted Hyung" with that he rushed out of the dorm.

-------

I checked myself again in the mirror again, Kookie had helped me to make a simple dinner at home and had left to pick them up from the airport... I couldn't finalize on what to wear... button up shirt felt too formal while a hoodie or t-shirt was too casual.

I saw all shirts on my bed, I had too many choices and it felt like nothing was right... I went through the pile again, finally the blue round-neck with white whale printed on front caught my eye, it was my favoutire ... oversized, I simply paired it with black jeans.

I quickly moved out of my room after throwing the entire pile of clothes back in the closet and firmly closing it... I don't want them to think am a messy person.

I sighed checking the clock again, I must have offered to drive Kookie... at least I won't tensed alone.

To think of it... it was his fault.

"Hyungggg" Kookie's voice echoed through the empty dorm, and I rushed out ... damm they are here already.

"Helloo" I rushed only to find his dad on the couch... when did they get here, I didn't see Kookie or his mom around.

"Sorry... I was changing" I bowed in front of Mr.Jeon, "how are you been?" I had met him only once before and we didn't interact much.

"Jinna" he patted the couch next to him, indicating me to take a seat, "how have you been.... are you adjusting well?"

"Yes Sir" I nodded, "how was your flight Sir?"

"Don't call me Sir... sounds too old" he smiled, similarity between him and kookie was startling... "call me dad or uncle... rest of the boys do"

I nodded again, unsure what to say.

"hmmm... do you like steak?" he randomly asked

"yes Si... uncle" I corrected myself, but he just smiled 'do what feels right to you... don't force yourself"

"anyways.... My son and I share the love for meat, and he kept saying that you cooked for us on the drive back... I felt like we imposed on you...." he paused finally, "let me take you out for drink sometime"

I nodded

"I would like a casual setup... let me ask Jungkook to find a good place" he smiled and went silent. I just sat there awkwardly unsure what to say. He seemed to be reserved as well... ... and continued asking random question... like about my family, cousins, education, military service to kind of book I read and about my old job.

"Appa...." Jungkook walked in, "Eomma is freshening up... do you wan" he stopped midsentence sensing the weird atmosphere, his dad had his gaze fixed on Jin, who was visibly nervous.

I looked at him desperately for help

"Dad..." Kookie sighed, "what are you doing?"

"Nothing" Mr.Jeon answered, "just trying to get to know him"

"Huh?" he was surprised, and I could only gulp... his expression told it was clearly not a normal behavior of his father.

"what... it was silent, and you know how much I hate that" his dad smiled, "You??!!!" Kookie sighed, "it took mom forever to get you to confess!!!"

"that is different and this is different" he just shrugged, and that was when Mrs. Jeon joined us, "Hello" he smiled at me, "how have you been Jinna?"

"have been good, mam" I answered, she always had been friendly with us but she sighed, "did you not dry you hair properly... what if you catch a cold..."

"I.. er.. " I was surprised, when she quickly turned back and in couple of minutes returned with a dry towel .... She was about to dry my hair herself but then quickly stopped herself and smiled.

"Sorry... creature of habit" she handed me the towel and sat next to her husband, "both Kookie and his dad do a half ass job when it comes to drying their hair completely"

"it's okay" I smiled, she was motherly, and her entire presence had a dominating, yet calming effect.

"should we eat now?" Kookie's dad asked, "tomorrow.... Let's go out for dinner."

To say the entire dinner was nerve wrecking would have been a lie, they both included me in the conversation easily and seemed to be genuinely interested in hearing what I had to say.

Mrs. Jeon shared stories about Jungkook's childhood and like all mothers she had more stories to embarrass him but at the same time... it was not hard to see how proud she was of her kid.

I felt a hand on my thigh and I quickly caught it, what the hell was he thinking in front of his parents?!! I quickly cast him a questioning look, but he only tightened his grip around my fingers and gave a content smile.

Does that mean his parents like me?

He just winked at me, and I could not look away from those bright eyes. He let go of my hands as quickly had me grabbed mine and continued to eat.

"So Jin?" his dad suddenly called, making me jump and that earned a chuckle from Mrs.Jeon

"Yes... sir" I stuttered, trying to pull my hands from Jungkook's, but he only made it hard... his eyes shining with mischief.

"Nothing" he smiled, and continued eating.