A Brother To Enemy

We made it to the beach, we didn't have school the next day so we could be out late. Other teens were on the beach as well, we parked on the beach and the boys took out a volleyball Jimmy had brought and a soccer ball Dutch had brought. I saw Freddy a little further down with two other boys from school.

I was playing soccer with Tommy and he was showing me how to juggle. I got to five before I missed it, we were all laughing and having a good time. Freddy came up to us and he looked at me.

"Hey." Freddy said to me.

"Hey, Freddy." I said politely.

"So, why are you with the Cobra Kais?" He asked looking Tommy up and down with a disgusted and angry expression.

"Why does it matter?" I asked him crossing my arms.

"They're nothing but jerks who bully people for fun. Do you really want to be labelled as one of them? What would Ali say?" He asked me.

"Nothing. Ali, unlike you, doesn't care who I hang out with!" I said starting to get angry with him.

"I care because I want you to be safe, these boys will hurt you. Come with me." He said grabbing my arm. I pulled away and stepped backwards towards the Cobras.

"No! I'm not going with you. I'm staying with them." I said getting angrier.

"We've been friends since second grade and you just became friends with these assholes, and all of a sudden, you choose them over me?" He asked getting mad.

"We stopped being friends when you cornered me against a locker and wouldn't let me leave!"

"Wait, you did what?" Johnny said to Freddy cutting in.

"Stay out of this Lawrence!" Freddy yelled. He turned back to me.

"Freddy, I'm not going to be friends with someone who's only interested in dating me."

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Yeah." I answered.

"Unless it's Tommy, right?" He asked me.

"What? No! It's not like that at all! We're just friends!"

"You'd do anything for Tommy. You stopped being friends with Susan and Barbra because of him."

"I stopped being with them because they were trying to tell what to do and who to be and that's not up to them to decide." I said in my defense.

"I'm going to tell them you said that."

"Go ahead, I want them to know."

He went to grab me again but Tommy pushed him away.

"Back off man!" Tommy yelled.

 Freddy glared at him and tackled Tommy onto the sand. I screamed out in shock and Johnny tried pulling Freddy off of Tommy but Freddy elbowed him in the face. Freddy started punching Tommy in the face repeatedly and Tommy's face was bleeding intensely.

"Stop it!" I screamed trying to pull Freddy off of Tommy. "Freddy stop!" I was starting to sob as he pushed me onto the sand and continued punching Tommy. Dutch and Bobby pulled Freddy off and Freddy started to struggle against their grip. They pushed him off and he went to go attack Tommy again but I ran in front of him and pushed Freddy away.

"What the hell was that?" I yelled. "You wanted to be friends again?"

"Yeah, I wanna be friends again." He said to me.

"Well, congratulations, you just lost that opportunity!" I sat next to Tommy who could barely breathe and was bleeding intensely. Johnny got Freddy to leave as Dutch brought me a towel and I started to dab off the blood on Tommy's face. He hissed in pain and I apologized franticly. The other boys looked worried for him. I sat on my legs and rested his head on my lap as the others went to go find a doctor for Tommy. I looked down at him and continued to dab blood off his face.