𝟏𝟒| 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃

Start from the beginning

Number 9. Black and orange jersey.

Her eyes widened upon realizing just who was bowing in front of her. This was Kageyama Tobio, Oikawa's rival in setting from his middle school days. If Oikawa knew she was talking to the kid, he wouldn't take it so easily.

"U–Um... I apologize for running into yo–"

A sweaty arm wrapped around Rin's shoulders, and she could already feel the tension in the air. Oikawa's fierce, brown eyes were narrowed as he squinted down at Kageyama. Soon, a smirk appeared on his lips.

"Well, if it isn't a certain Tobio-chan. Has your team gotten tired of you already?" Oikawa asked teasingly. "Leave the kid alone, Shittykawa, and get your sweaty arm off of the girl," Iwaizumi chimed in, entering the hallway with his arms crossed, "Nice to see you again, Tobio."

"I–Iwaizumi-san! I–I should get back to my team."

With that, Kageyama scurried off, and Rin pushed Oikawa off of her, wiping the sweat off of her neck and shoulders. Iwaizumi didn't hesitate to smack the back of Oikawa's head, earning a wince from the childish captain. Rin sighed as she watched the two of them argue about the incident that just occured.

Rin put on a smile, despite watching the bickering happen in front of her.

"Congratulations on your first win! You both did good, especially Iwaizumi-kun's final spike," Rin spoke up, interrupting their arguing. "It wasn't that great, but thanks anyway," Iwaizumi replied, still refraining from saying Rin's name.

Rin nodded and scratched her head awkwardly. Oikawa glared at Iwaizumi who just sniffed a little in awkwardness.

"So, um, your next game is after lunch?" Rin asked. "Yeah, we were just about to head over to the burger place across the street. Do you want to join?" Oikawa suggested, slinging his sweaty arm back around Rin's shoulders.

"Mm... burgers do sound tempting. Ah, what the heck, let's go!" Rin exclaimed.

She grabbed hold of Oikawa's hand and began to lead him down the hallway towards the entrance to the gymnasium. Iwaizumi sighed and followed behind the pair, feeling a spark of jealousy form in tbe pit of his stomach. How hard was it to say Rin's name out loud? It's not like she was going to hurt him if he said it, so why was he so scared of it?

The trio crossed the street from the gymnasium to enter the burger shop which stood right in front of their eyes. Iwaizumi was the last one to enter, and he widened his eyes at the sight of both Oikawa and Rin with their mouths open and drool forming. Sure, the smell of greasy burgers was delicious as it wafted in the air, but Iwaizumi was shocked to see that come out of Rin so easily but Oikawa not so much.

After ordering their burgers, Oikawa, Rin, and Iwaizumi sat down at a booth with Oikawa sitting in front of Rin and Iwaizumi, claiming he had to sit alone. Rin didn't mind, even if she was a little hurt from the lack of her name being called by the boy sitting next to her. That wouldn't change her feelings towards the boy so easily.

"Can we talk about how amazing my serves were during this game? I mean, they are usually always great, but today, they were shocking!" Oikawa began to talk about himself.

Iwaizumi sat in the corner of the booth with his hands in his club jacket pockets as he listened silently to both Oikawa's egotistical comments and Rin's quiet laughter. Soon, the burgers were sat on their table, immediately bringing out everyone's eyeballs from the sight of the juicy deliciousness sitting there.

Everyone ate in silence until Rin spoke up, "Today has been a good day so far. I woke up to find my dad with my favorite breakfast, you guys won your first match here, and now we're devouring burgers."

"Hey, I'm curious, Rin-chan. How come when Iwa-chan and I went to your house those two times, you were by yourself?" Oikawa asked, noticing she mentioned her father. "Oh... My dad... he's a big businessman, so he's always traveling around to get all of the good deals with different companies. The house always just has me, so it was definitely a surprise to see him here for once," Rin replied, smiling a little.

"That's nice. He's here, but why are you here instead of with him? If it were me, I'd want to spend every minute I'd have with him before he leaves again," Iwaizumi commented, sipping on his water. "Well... I already promised you guys I'd watch your games today, and I'm not one to break promises, no matter what situation arises," Rin replied with a nod.

"Those are some trustworthy words you just spoke, Rin-chan. I like that, but we would have been okay if you had to cancel to hang out with your dad," Oikawa stated, a little upset. "Eh, it's fine! He understands my relationship with you and Iwaizumi-kun," Rin reassured, going back to eating her burger.

Iwaizumi and Oikawa glanced at one another, acknowledging the same thing about Rin and her promise to them. Despite being friends for so long, the boys didn't know much about her home life, so it concerned them when she chose them over her father. They both wanted her to do whatever she pleased and not to always be there for them, but on the other hand, they were happy to have her sitting here and munching on her burger happily.

Soon, the three of them finished their food and drinks and tossed their trash away before heading out. Rin yawned a little, feeling full after the big breakfast and lunch. She was definitely going to regret eating so much later, but right now, she was content with the day she's had. Her arms naturally hook with Iwaizumi's and her head rests against his shoulder, bringing out a small smile from Iwaizumi.

Oikawa glanced their way and tried his best not to squeal loudly since it would definitely startle Rin and stop this cuteness. Instead, he led the pair behind him back to the gymnasium just in time for their next match.

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────