Distractions

Illumi

The next day I decided I was going to ask Hisoka to accompany me on a day out.

"Are you almost ready?" I call, slipping on my
tall chunky boots.

I hear a faint laugh come from the other room, "I'm usually the one asking that, but yes.. I happen to be walking out the door."

I sneer and walk over to my full length mirror, "You better be joking."

The clicking of heels echoes briefly and then Hisoka arrives in the doorway of our bedroom. "Of course."

I adjust my black turtle neck, making myself look classy yet comfortable.

"Stunning as always, my love."

I try to hide the burning sensation growing on my cheeks and glare at him. "Mm."

"Ok, let's go," I walk over to my nightstand and grab my keys before turning to leave.

Hisoka looks at me with a tilted eyebrow, "I agreed to go out with you today, but I never said you would be the one driving."

I sigh and throw my keys down on the bed, "Whatever, come on."

The magician laughs about my reckless driving and continues on to grab his keys.

We go outside the back and make our way to his car. I sit in the passenger seat with a bit of aggression.

"Are you really that upset, love?" Hisoka asks as he sits down.

I simply keep my mouth shut and stare straight forward.

"Really now?" he prods.

My lips curl into the tiniest smile, "You better get going before rush hour hits."

He puts the key in the ignition with a sigh, "I just didn't feel like being flung into Jupiter today, my apologizes."

-

We arrive in the shopping district and get a spot in the garage.

He takes me into the nearest clothing shop, joining his hand with mine.

Hisoka leads me over to the hat section, "You still want it, right?"

I feel my eyebrows tilt in slightly, "What- wait, want what?"

"The beanie, toboggan thing-," the magician looks towards me with a 'you know what I mean' glare.

"I- um," I hesitate, knowing very well I would've been punished for asking such a thing at home, "I guess.."

He gives me a pleased smile and then grabs the one I had my eye on. "Ok, that was all."

I grab his arm and then walk over to the watches, "You pick the one you want."

"Illu, just because I get you something-," Hisoka starts.

"No," my heart aches slightly, "it's because.. I love you."

"Very well," the magician smirks, looking into the glass class. "Then I suppose I like that one."

His pointed nail gesturing to a medium sized watch with crimson embellishments.

"Ok," I nod, getting the attention of the counter clerk, "that one, thank you."

The both of us walk out of the store holding a bag. We head to sit down on a bench nearby.

"Here you go, love," Hisoka smiles, handing my my bag.

I give a weak smile in return and hand him his, "Yes, here you go."

I put on my hat, and he puts on his watch. "Thank you," I feel my mind clear for a moment. Happiness courses through my veins and I can't stop myself from wanting to kiss him.

So I don't.

I move my free hand to his cheek. "Oh?" Hisoka questions, his eyes glancing toward my hand.

I rarely initiate kisses, and at that.. never in public. I suppose it wasn't surprising that he was shocked. I guess it just made me nervous.

I let myself feel the gentle breeze flowing through the air, tilt my head, and lean in.

Our lips meet gently in the middle with a soft embrace.

He pulls back before I do, and then places his forehead against mine. Hisoka takes his hand and places it over mine. It slides off his cheek and then he moves it to his heart.

Hisoka looks me directly in the eyes, and in a evenly sweet tone speaks. "This heart is yours, forever and always, if the time comes where you need to get rid of it.. I will be more than willing."

My chest aches. "Why, 'Soka.. why would you say that!" My barriers shoot up and my mind starts screaming with alarms. "Do you know something I don't!"

"No-," he holds my face gently to reassure and calm me, "nothing like that, just wanted to make sure you knew how devoted I am."

Hisoka said there was no specific reason, and I wanted to believe that. I do badly wanted to believe that. However, something in me just wouldn't let it go.