Chapter 9: Broken hearts healed with vodka

Patience P.O.V

I woke up in chads arms. warm and safe the way any girl would want to woken up to. most defiantly the best morning yet. Chad got up soon after me and kissed my forehead. "Good Morning beautiful." He whispered in my ear. I smiled at the sound of his voice. "Good morning my love." I replied and with that I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs. Chad followed but a little slower. I started to prepare breakfast until chad walked in and grabbed my hands. "Graduations next week." He said staring me down. I was confused. "Yes and we're both graduating correct?" I questioned in response. He hesitated then answered me. "Yes." He said and walked to the living room and sat down. "You know maybe we could pull something cute together so we can say we graduated as a couple!" I suggested talking to him from. The kitchen. "Uhm I don't know maybe." He replied. Something isn't right but I have to let it go for now. I finished breakfast and brought it to him. "Here you go cutie." I said passing him his breakfast, then I took a seat beside him. He sat in silence. He looked down at the food and then back at me. He put the food on the table and walked to the coat hanger. He grabbed his coat and walked to the front door. "Where are you going?" I asked. He looked at me and opened the door. "I'm sorry." He said speeding out the door I dropped my plate and ran out the door after him. No. I'm not losing him. I turned to see him running down the street. "No chad!" I screamed running after him. But I was stopped. My brothers arch enemies. The grade elevens. "Where do you think your going cutie." Randall the group leader snapped at me with a grin. "Back off kid." I spat in warning. Although I knew better that they had me in better lock down than I had them. "Shut up and listen." Randall said flipping a pocket knife out. "You're going to get us into your prom tomorrow and we'll do the rest." He ordered. "Sure thing toots." I said winking at him. I knew better than to fight them. 'Going along with it' worked so much better. "That was easy okay see ya." They said freeing me. Not only did they get there one way ticket to jail but i realized that chad had never meant the things he said. He came back up the street and stood quietly infront of me. "I'm.." He said before I cut him off. "You can just shut your pretty little trap and listen to me for once and maybe actually listen. It's almost obvious you were paid. I get it. Money comes before human beings and especially yourself. When's the last time you did something for someone else out of love? Huh? Huh? I thought so. You can't even remember because you've been caught up in this gross up tight version of yourself. You only care about yourself. I really hope you have an amazing life and have beautiful children. I'm not being sarcastic either. I really hope you do because making everyone else's life around you suck shows that you don't have a perfect like yet either so I hope you find happiness and maybe that will teach you something about who you are and what you did or do to people. Have a nice life correi." I said sternly with tears forming in my eyes. I walked home in silence. I knew he was standing there taking in what I had said. I hope he did before he ruined someone else.

•prom night•

Patience P.O.V

I'm almost ready. Prom night alone. Sounds suckish but it isn't as bad as it sounds. I was wearing a long tight sapphire blue dress with twinkling gems covering the top. I had black heels on and a pocket knife in my bra. I finished my hair and curled the fly aways. I walked down the stairs and hugged my mom who was carrying tissues and completely tearing up. Cameron was at the door ready to drop me off at prom. He searched me with his eyes and smiled at me. "Smokin' sis." He said charmingly. I smiled in response. We got to the car and he pulled out of the drive way. "You know I remember last year. I made a lot of memories I'll never forget especially with people I can never forget. No matter what." He said dropping me off at our high school. Cameron was in 12b but he still used to always talk about prom and graduation. Prom had began. I walked in on a slow song. Millions of partners dancing and smiling. Happiness filled the dance floor. I looked to my left and I saw Emily and Amy. I remember our fight. They gave me dirty looks in which I returned. I skipped off to the seats. I sat alone and watched songs change and people dance. Until I laid eyes on chad. He was with another girl. She was stunning. He looked so happy. Happier than I've ever seen him when he was with me. I smiled in his direction even though he couldn't see me. Then I bunch of wasted teenagers came over to me and asked me to dance. Yolo! I danced with a very charming man. He was tall and extremely good looking. Although he was wasted. The night became boring. So I decided to spice it up with a bit of straight vodka. Strong but it got me drunk. I left prom with that group of people completely wasted. Nobody in our group was sober but we got in a random car and drove to some random kids house. This night couldn't get any better!!

To be continued...