寛ぐ

𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙭

"𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐮~ Let's have tea together, you're always drowning yourself in poison and paperwork. You never took the time to relax!" Ushikawa whined and plead continuing to nag the Insect Pillar who was currently busy with paperwork.

"Saito-chan, can't you see I'm busy? Why won't you bother Mitsuri-chan instead and have tea with her?"

Shinobu looked over Saito to face the whining infant, giving the Blossom pillar a very nice and calm smile. It's definitely sincere, there's no hint of annoyance in it whatsoever.

Saito grumbled and reasoned that she wanted to hang out with Shinobu and complained that she should be hanging out with her childhood friend instead.

"You're such an infant..."

Murmured by Shinobu, making sure that the girl doesn't hear it.

"Ha?"

"Nothing. Fine, we'll have tea, just stop nagging."

The Insect Pillar finally gave up on her best friend's constant request, sighing as she massages her temples. Setting aside her paperwork so that she can continue them later on.

Saito cheered with a loud yes after hearing Shinobu's agreement. "Shall we head to the garden? We can drink tea and eat snacks there."

Saito had been looking for a little bit of time for relaxation after a whole week of a solo mission. That's why she's very excited to have some relaxing time.

"Meet me in the garden, I'll go and prepare our tea." Saito beamed and headed to the kitchen only to be greeted by Aoi-chan who was busy washing the dishes.

"Konbanwa Aoi-chan~!" Saito greeted the blue-haired teen with a sweet smile and a gleeful tone. Aoi was startled and turned around quickly to see who greeted her.

"O-oh! こんばんは (Good evening) Ushikawa-sama." Aoi dropped what she was doing and bowed to the scarlet-haired girl before her.

"Mo~ drop the honorifics already, we've known each other for years now. I already told you to call me by my first name."

Saito pouted at the little girl, which caused Aoi to sweat a bullet from the awkwardness.

"A-anyways, I hate to ask but what brings you here Saito-san?" Aoi went back to rinsing and drying the plates, setting them down on a wire rack to drip and dry.

"Oh! I actually came here to boil some water for tea and maybe get some snacks. I was finally able to convince Shinobu-chan to have tea with me!" Saito answered as she clapped her palms together while smiling innocently.

"Would you like me to help you? I mean it's only proper for me to at least help our guest."

"Really? You'd do that?! Thank you Aoi-chan, you're so kind and super cute too~!" The scarlet-haired girl smiled as she cupped Aoi's soft cheeks.

"I-i don't mind at all, I'll prepare your tea while you can prepare the snacks."

Aoi insisted and took the metal kettle, filling it with water and then placing it on top of the stove. Saito on the other hand went to the pantry cupboard in search of biscuits.

"Aoi-chan, where's the trio? I haven't seen them in a week." Saito asked as she rummaged around the shelf and grabbed the box of cookies, and put them on the small plate.

"The three were tasked to fold the laundry."

"That's a bummer, I really wanna pinch those squishy cheeks of theirs. What about Kanao?" Saito puffed her cheeks as she put down the plates on the tray beside the cups and the white kettle filled with green tea.

"I don't know about Kanao-sama, I think she's in her room," Aoi answered as she brought the boiling water over the counter, filling up the smaller ceramic kettle.

"There you go! You're all set Saito-san."

"Thank you so much Aoi-chan, you're such a tenderhearted girl! And very pretty too!!" Saito squealed as she grabbed Aoi by the shoulder and proceeded to shake the poor girl back and forth.

"N-no problem Saito-san, I-I'm happier to help." Aoi stuttered as she composed herself and fixed her clothes.

"後で会いましょう葵ちゃん." And with that Saito left the kitchen and headed to the garden, carrying the tray with her.

Saito greeted her best friend who's seating at the engawa, whilst looking above and watching the brightly lit moon.

"What took you so long? I was planning to leave you all by yourself if I'm being honest." Shinobu once again showed her infamous pissed smile.

"But you didn't! I was chatting with Aoi-chan. Here!"

The scarlet-haired girl put the tray in between her and Shinobu. Shinobu hummed and served herself some tea, sipping the warm drink while eyeing the starless night sky.

"How's your mission? It took you almost a week just to defeat a demon."

Saito also poured herself a cup, inhaling the relaxing smell of the tea. Warming her hand from the heat of the drink.

"It was quite problematic because it's a large city, but was more problematic is the demon can multiply itself. I have to roam the whole city from head to toe just to find its secret base, and it was beneath a marketplace. The demon chose to feast on children and sometimes newborn babies and also the demon  feast on—"

"Caw! Caw! Oyakata-sama wishes for Kocho Shinobu, Tomioka Giyuu, and Ushikawa Saito's presence! Caw! Hurry! Hurry! Caw~!" Yatsu, Saito's crow exclaimed at the two females who were busy drinking tea.

"Awww... And here I thought I could have a relaxing night." Saito pouted as she put down her cup on the tray.

"We can't disobey our Master's request. Wait for me here, I'll go get my sword." Shinobu ordered, putting down her cup and sitting up to get her sword from her office.

"行こうか?"

"I guess. I don't really have a choice..."