Chapter 18

Marinette pov:

"marinette sweetie you've been studying hard for the exams, go and take some fresh air, you look exhausted baby" My gave me croissants and warm hot chocolate.

"Well maman, I'll go and revise at the balcony for a while" I took my snacks and notes.

"Whatever you wish sweetie" my mom kissed my cheeks and went down stairs.

It's nice to munch on snacks while studying

"Isn't it illegal to eat everything alone princess" I turned to see chat noir munching on my croissants.

"What are you doing here, Is there any akumas"

"Relax, I came to get some fresh air" He sipped my hot chocolate.

"Don't you have exams to prepare or are you a married guy with 4 childrens" I gasped

"no princess, 2 kids are enough for me, don't want to increase population" he shrugged.

"Wait...you are really married?!"

"I was joking, my...finals are over, waiting for graduation"

"ohh..what kind of school are you studying, must be high class school"

Woah who would finish the finals that early! he's studying in a high class school.

"Aww.. seems like certain princess is eager to find my identity"

"Absolutely not, I need to study go get your fresh air somewhere else"

"You mean you are spending lots of time to study physics, it's piece of cake princess why are you exaggerating" he looked bored.

"I'm not as smart as you, for the past few years, only adrien agreste can get first mark in physics while most people fail, I want to at least get a decent score"
Adrien is really smart and kind.

"Woah, he sounds like a cool guy, do you like him" he had a goofy smile on his face.

"Yeahh...he's a good friend, I'll support and protect him from the bullies in future"
Oops...I let it slip

"Why would anyone bully me..A-Adrien"

Did he just say.....my Adrien

OMG!! Chat noir is the one who's friends with benefits with adrien, no wonder he came back to school, it's because his beloved chat noir told him to.

I guess after my rejection as ladybug, he moved on.

The irony

"How could you be friends with benefits with adrien" My voice was high pitched as I cringed.

"No no princess, we met when I saved him from an akuma and we are not close, he said he's friends with benefits with you" He looked like a cat caught in headlights.

"okay" I signed

"Are you jealous that I'm gonna snatch your friend" His face was unknowingly so close.

"Why would I be, he has nathaniel" I sighed

"W-What?!!"

"Don't be sad chat, adrien confessed his love to nathaniel, I heard it and saw them hug with my own eyes and adrien seems satisfied with his relationship with nathaniel, they look like the shy couple of our school"

"No!! I-He didn't!!, trust me he's not into boys"

"Just because he doesn't love you doesn't mean he's not into guys, Innocent adrien I know is friends with benefits with nathaniel and it's developing into a love, don't be jealous kitty" I let his ladybug nick name slip.

"I-Me-!! Princess adrien..."

"I'm going inside, it's getting dark" I went inside leaving a very stunned chat noir.

Well I'm jealous of nathaniel too.

Ok stay focused marinette, let's study hard and get a college first. Studies before guys.

___________________________________________

Adrien's pov:

I went back to my house thinking about what marinette told me.

She thinks I love myself. That's ridiculous!! Thank god I didn't accidentally told her that I am chat noir.

But why would she think I love nathaniel, I just encouraged nathaniel to confess his love to marc, maybe she misheard us.

I should first google what is 'friends with benefits', everytime she mentions it, she looks kinda embarrassed

Let me google it
Friends with benefits is a type of relationship where, ideally, two people have a platonic connection and use each other for sex

W-What in the world!!!

W-Why do I have to tell her these kind of stuff and make her think that I'm some kind of creep.

"Plagg!!! I HATE YOU!!" I shouted as he sat unbothered.

"I thought you knew the meaning for those words, you are a modern time kid, you should be updated, not my fault" he shrugged.

"Now she thinks I am gay and I love nathaniel, no wonder she kept a very long distance with me today and gave me  kind looks" I banged my head on my pillow.

I messed up once again.

She's gonna think I'm a psycho, after all I told her she's my friends with benefits.

And I even managed to mess up my image as chat noir. She must've thought that chat noir, adrien and nathaniel are in some love triangle.

I am a blind dumb idiot!!