Chapter 8

GNNY's POV

After Harry and I had our little moment we headed back downstairs to find Hermione making some eggs and toast. 

"There you guys are!" said Hermione.  "I surprisingly found good eggs and was able to magically make some bread." 

"What were you guys doing alone anyway?" Ron said with a mouthful of food.

"Nothing that concerns you brother," I said. 

"You better not have been doing anything gross," Ron stated. 

"So what if we were?" I asked. 

"Just don't okay!" 

"Ron we can do whatever we want." I countered. 

Ron rolled his eyes. 

"Trust me, Ron, we weren't doing anything," said Harry. 

Harry moved past me to go sit down by Ron, Ron skeptically looked at him but continued to eat, dropping the matter for now. I walked over to where Hermione was standing by the stove. 

She leaned over to me and whispered, "I had the hardest time convincing him to not run up after you two, so whatever you were doing I hope it was worth it." 

"We really weren't doing anything." 

"Oh? nothing?" SHe said with raised eyebrows. 

"We may have kissed." 

Hermione nodded, "I figured as much, but probably not a good idea to do the other thing." 

This time I nodded. "I know," Hermione handed me a plate of food. 

"Go, eat." 

I sat down across from Harry and Hermione sat across from Ron. We ate in silence before Ron cleared his throat. 

"When you think Kreacher will return?" 

"Dunno," said Harry. "It could be a while." 

"I suspect it won't take to long, House-elves are typically pretty clever," said Hermione. 

I nodded in agreement, the Harry said, "I suppose there's not much to do but wait." 

"And prepare," added Hermione. 

"Prepare for what?" asked Ron. 

"Anything, everything," I said. 

"Mainly, worst-case scenarios," said Hermione. 

"And with my life history those are what usually happens." joked Harry. He sheepishly smiled and I smiled back. 

After we finished eating and cleaned up we were all lounging about the sitting room. There wasn't much to do. Ron was in a large armchair dozing away, Hermione was reading and Harry had his snitch out that he and I were tossing around. 

Suddenly there was a loud cracking sound coming from the kitchen. Harry pocketed his snitch Ron jolted up and Hermione dropped her book. We all glanced at each other and drew our wands, before walking towards the sound. 

As we slowly crept towards the kitchen we could hear the sounds of a struggle. Two, voices, no there was a third! One sounded Human and the  other more childlike

"Let go of me!" the rougher of the voices said. Harry was first inside while Hermione Ron and I followed in behind him. 

Therewith not one but two house-elves was Mungdugus Fletcher. Kreacher did it. And he brought another Elf!

"Dobby?" Harry said. 

"Master Harry! Dobby is delighted to see yous." Dobby was hanging onto Fletchers left arm while Kreacher was around his leg. 

"What are you doing here with Kreacher?" Harry asked. 

"Dobby saw Kreacher and followed him and when Dobby learned of Kreacher's plan he wanted to help! Dobby will do anything for Master Harry." 

Harry then turned his Attention to Flecher. 

"So you're the one who sent two bloody house-elves after me. What in Merlin's name for?" He snarled. "Call them off, I won't go anywhere." 

"Kreacher, Dobby let him go, And you better not." Harry put his wand in his face. "Sit." 

Mungdundus sat and nervously looked up at Harry. 

Ron stood behind Harry a frown on his face and wand at the ready. 

"We just have a couple of questions to ask you, "

"Look I didn't mean to vanish that night I just didn't want to die, I figure you lot could handle it. I got scared." Fletcher stammered. 

"Not about when you fled MadEye's plan," said Harry. "About something you stole." 

"I didn't steal anything." 

Kreacher growled and stabbed FLeacher with one of his long pointy fingers Fletcher flinched and squmimned in his seat. 

"Yes you did," said Hermione, and she held up the fake locket and held it close to his face so he could see it. 

Mungdungus looked away but admitted to stealing. "All right, I did come here but I swear nothing I took was of real value Nothing." 

"Yeah, sure," said Ron. 

"Where's the locket?" Asked Harry. 

"I don't have it anymore," Mungdunge said. Then after seeing the look on our faces he said "Why?"

"Great," Mumbled Ron. 

"What did you do with it?" I asked. 

"I got rid of it." 

"How?" Harry asked. 

"He sold it and he's worried he didn't get enough for it," said Ron. 

"No, Not true.." Mundungus said with a pause.."Is it valuable?" 

"Oh shut it," Ron said pointed his wand at his face. 

"What did you do with it?" asked Hermione. 

"I gave it away. Had to. She saw it and wanted it. So I handed it over."

"To who?" asked Harry. 

"A lady in pink. She wore a bow and lots of ugly pinks... a uh suit and she kinda looked like a toad. Not very attractive at all." 

The Trio looked at one another, instantly we all, unfortunately, knew who that was. 

"Umbridge," I stated.