Seven

Addison's POV
Bryce left early this morning to go for his interview with the adoption agency. I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of nervous. Yes, Bryce has taken care of Lucas on multiple accounts but when the adoption agency google searches Bryce Hall they get a whole bunch of crazy shit he did in the past. They don't know how well Bryce took care of him and I just hope they don't rely on the internet.

Bryce's POV
"Mr. Hall, you have a very strong reputation of being the party animal wild child. I don't know if you're qualified to be a parent." The social worker. "With all due respect Mr. Mitchell, I will take responsibility for the shenanigans that I've pulled over the years, but you've never seen me with Lucas. I thought him how to play catch, I've babysat him on multiple occasions, I taught him how to ride his bike, I helped teach him how to swim. Addison and I tuck him into bed almost every night, there are multiple videos of me and Lucas having fun. We have a great bond with each other and if he comes with me he'll still have his sister. You can't just send him off with someone he doesn't know. He'll be really scared. He's always scared with new people. And Addison lost her entire family, Lucas is all she had left, I can't see her go through losing him too." I blurted out.

Mr. Mitchell looked at me with this shocked expression. "Here's what I'm going to do. I'm gonna give you a week trial run. If anything happens that can even slightly make me question you, were taking him in, and you will have no rights to him what so ever. Do I make myself clear?" He explained. "Crystal clear! Thank you so much, Mr. Mitchell." I said smiling like an idiot. I got up and ran to my car immediately driving to the hospital where was with Lucas.

I went upstairs to see Addison sleeping and Lucas laying on her while played on her phone. "Hey Bud!" I said coming into the room. "Shhh. Addi just fell asleep." I kissed her head and ruffled up Lucas's hair.

"Guess what?" I whispered to him. "What?" He asked. "I get to take you home today." I smiled at him. "Really?!" He jumped up.

Addison groaned not wanting to wake up yet. "Yeah, really, but remember Addi's sleeping." I said picking her up and placing her in my lap. She immediately knew it was me, snuggling herself into my chest and hugging me, meanwhile, still sleeping.

After about an hour one of the nurses came into the room with Lucas's discharge papers. "I would say not to wake her up but only immediate family can sign this." This being the same nurse that watched me take care of her for the past couple days.

"Not a problem" I told her. I looked down at the beautiful girl in my lap. "Hey, wake up, Babygirl." I gently shook her awake. "I don't want to. Not yet." She adjusted herself in my lap to bury her head in my neck. "Come on, Baby. It's for Lucas." I kissed her shoulder.

She sat up. "What about Lucas?" She asked looking at the nurse. "These are his discharge papers." The nurse explained. Addison looked at me with worry in her eyes. "Don't be scared. Go ahead and sign. I already talked to the social worker this morning. We can go home." I told her with a smile growing on both of our faces.

She jumped up and signed the forms and was ready to get out of this fucking hospital. "Come on, Bud. Jump up." I said standing at the edge of the bed waiting for him to get on my back. Once he jumped up we were ready to go.

We walked out of the hospital and to my car. I buckled up Lucas in the backseat while Addi got settled in front. Once we were all in the car we were on our way home.

Addison finally feeling some relief fell asleep leaning on the window. I took her hand into my lap and just held it. She laced her fingers with mine in her sleep. I smiled at her before turning to Lucas at a red light.

"What about Momma and Enzo? When do they get to come home?" He asked with so much hope in his eyes. Nobody ever told him about Enzo and Sheri. He was sleeping when we found out.

"Umm" I looked at Addison. She looked so peaceful. "I'll tell you when we get to my house. Okay bud?" I told him. "Okay" He responded. The rest of the car ride was quiet.