Five

Bryce's POV
I put on shirt and headed for the door. "Where you going?" Anthony caught me at the door. "The nurse called me from the hospital. Somethings wrong with Enzo and Addison is screaming crying. She said that I should come in but visiting hours are over so I'm not sure how that's gonna play out." I explained. "Why are you awake anyway?" I asked him. "I couldn't sleep so I was watching TV." He answered. "Well I'm gonna go now." I said leaving. "Yeah, let me know if she's okay." He said as I was closing the door.

I drove to the hospital not even stopping at the desk I just went up to Enzo's room. I don't know if they called security or not. I found Addison sitting on a chair outside the room with her knees to her chest. I walked up to her and she just got up and hugged me.

"What happened?" I asked with my hand at the nape of her neck massaging her head. "Enzo had a cardiac tamponade. His blood pooled in his pericardium (y'all i'm so sorry for using all these big ass words i'm a medical student teehee) and they took him into surgery to see if they could even drain it." She pulled away from me.

I brushed her hair out of her face with my fingers and cupped her face in my hands. She put her hands over mine holding them there. How are you even here? Visiting hours are over." She asked me. "I just walked in. Before I left I asked the nurse to call me if something happened with you." I told her. "Thank you..." She whispered pulling back into a hug.

We sat in Lucas's room on the sofa bench thing by the window. She had her head in my lap and I was playing with her hair. "Can you do the thing where you run your fingers up and down my back? It feels good." She's tired. I can hear it in her voice. Her head was turned into my stomach. I reached my arm over her hip and put it up her hoodie to do what she asked. As long as I could get her to fall asleep everything will be okay.

The nurse came into the room but Addison had fallen asleep. I lifted her head off my lap and placed it gently onto the sofa and walked out with the nurse. "Is he okay?" I asked. "I'm afraid he's not. We weren't able to contain the bleeder and he bled out on the table. I'm very sorry for your loss." She said to me. I ran my fingers through my hair. How the hell am I going to tell Addison. She's cried so much in the past couple days and she's barely eaten she barely drank anything and she hasn't really slept until now. She lost both her brother and her father.

While Addison was sleeping I decided to go check on Sheri before going back to her. When I walked into her room she was bawling. I immediately hugged her. "I'm so so sorry." I said to her. "My husband and my baby boy. What did I do to deserve this?" She cried. "Mrs. Easterling you did nothing wrong. It was a freak accident. Nobody could have told you this was going to happen. Addison doesn't know yet. I finally got her to sleep about 20 minutes ago. I don't know how I'm gonna tell her." I explained letting go from the hug.

"Bryce that's not your job. You shouldn't have to do this. You shouldn't be here. You should be at home sleeping. Not worrying about us." Sheri said.

"Mrs. Easterling, I love your daughter. She doesn't know it yet but I do. She's the most amazing thing that ever happened to me and if I want to keep my friendship with her and develop a relationship with her these are the most important times to be here for her. To show her that I will always be there for her whenever she needs me." She smiled at me.

"She loves you too. I know she does. She gets this sparkle in her eye whenever your around, especially when you're playing with the boys. She has fun with you. You've made her feel so welcome here she was scared leaving Louisiana, she didn't think that she would have as many friends as she does." She told me.

"Take care of her Bryce. She gonna need someone to. They told me that I'm going through a medical surge. It means that I have a big burst of energy and adrenaline right before my body completely shuts down. Take Addison and Lucas and go live a long happy life together." Sheri started crying again.

I can't believe that Addison lost almost her entire family in a span of two days. She's going to be hurt for a long time but as long as she knows she has someone to talk to and rely on. She'll know that everything will be okay.

Sheri's monitor flatlined shortly after that. The nurse let me be the one to tell Addison because they saw how she got when someone else told her. I went into the room. I have to tell this poor girl that her mother and brother passed away.