8

harry

another month passes.

i can't help, but think about her today. probably because it's her birthday so everyone's posting about her, and i've heard about her party tonight. oh how i desperately want to be there, but i know i'm the last person she would ever want to see there.

all i can think about is when i first met her, as soon as i laid my eyes on her i instantly fell for her. at some club, with the randoms she lived with at the time, slightly tipsy and trying her hardest to enjoy herself.

flashback

"hi." harry approaches her, a bottle in his hand, watching her sway to the music.

"hi." she grins up at him. "i'm eve." she pulls her hand out for him to take it.

"harry." he smiles down at her, taking her hand and shaking it. "who you here with?"

"well erm," she yells over the music, "i've just sort of moved here, i found a job in journalism and i live in some shitty shared house so uh, my housemates i guess." she pulls an awkward face.

"doesn't sound ideal." he chuckles softly.

"i mean, i'm quickly making money and i have some saved up so as soon as i have enough i'm gonna get my own flat." she grins, "who are you with?" her voice raised.

"oh just the two lads i live with, cal and cal." he gestures over to them, the two boys awkwardly wave as they gaze at their best friend attempting to chat up a girl. getting slightly onto her tip toes, she glances over the crowds of people in front to catch a glimpse of his two friends.

"nice. what do you do?" she sips at the cup between her fingers.

"well uh-," he awkwardly scratches his chest, "i do youtube."

"really?" her eyes light up, "that's so cool, i wish i was cool enough for youtube." she giggles. "how old are you?" she furrows her eyebrows.

"20." he nods his head, "you?"

"19." she smiles, "you're cute." she places a finger on his chest. the alcohol had completely taken over her and her thoughts came spluttering out of her mouth.

"thanks." harry's cheeks burn red, "not too bad yourself." he utters shyly. "come sit over here." he takes her hand, pulling her through the crowds of people to where his best friends were sitting. harry gestures for them to move, and as they do they both wink at him at the same time causing a smile to form across harry's lips.

they found themselves chatting for what felt like hours, and eve soon enough found herself sobering
up and feeling ready for bed. "it's been nice talking to you harold, but i best go." she smiles, locking eyes with him. "but i'd very much like to see you again."

"yeah i best go too, i'll give you my number. i'd love to see you again." he grins softly as she passes him her phone to make himself a contact. they stand in front of one another awkwardly, still gazing into one another's eyes. "fuck it." he shrugs his shoulders, cupping her face and smashing his lips against hers. she instantly melts into the kiss, finding herself falling for him already. and as they slowly pull away, he catches a twinkle in her eye.

"bye harry." she grins biting her lip, spinning on her heel and hurries away as he waves bye to her.

present day

i just want to turn back time, put everything right between us, because i hate to admit it, but i still love her. but i just know she could never see or talk to me again and i'd do anything just to simply have a conversation with her again. to touch her. to hold her. to mend our problems.

so as i lay here, thinking about how much she'll be enjoying herself at her party, i scroll through my photos and videos. reminding myself of everything right that was between us. the happy memories. the days out. the evenings in. those nights where we'd get too drunk we couldn't spell our own names. the holidays. i knew she was the one as soon as i locked eyes with her, and here i am, thinking of ways i could put things right if she did not block my number.

but i hope she's having fun with my mates, the ones she wouldn't have known if it wasn't for me. all
the opportunities she had because of me. a majority of the things we did together mainly as a result of my job. the club nights. the many holidays away. yet she decides to have a party with all of my friends, the ones i wanted her to be friends with so we could be together as a group. the ones i'd instantly feel jealous over when she was around them.

so as she celebrates with freezy, probably throwing herself all over him tonight and whoever else is there - i'll sit and think about how much i still miss her.

a/n
slightly toxic harry oop