Broken Bonds

[Tsunade became anxious as Jiraiya was dispatched to Rain Village to look into the Akatsuki leader. She recalled Jiraiya's remark that "rejection makes a man stronger," to which she responded, "What a show off,"smiling, "when he gets back I'm not gonna let him act that way anymore." Her expression then turned grave as she continued walking towards the Hokage office.] (3 days ago)

As anticipated, Jiraiya entered Rain Village and engaged Pain in combat. The conflict went on until he entered sage mode. Without knowing of his skills, he was tenacious and great in his battle with Pain. He soon discovers that Nagato was in control of Tendo Pain, but he was already missing one arm. "lad, your arm is gone!" said by lord Fukusaku who was riding his left shoulder, Jiraiya whimpered in pain as a response. After giving it a bit more consideration, they decided to flee as they had learned essential information that could help defeat Pain if he ever attack the Leaf Village and that his life force is slowly fading away. To escape rain Village, Jiraiya, and the two toads used reverse summoning jutsu. As soon as they get to Mt. Myoboku, Jiraiya's left arm starts to bleed, which makes it fatal. To stem the hemorrhage, Fukusaku and other frogs are putting forth all of their might. But it's simply insufficient. They all had been thinking the same that only Tsunade would be the the only one who could put an end to his endangerment as she is renowned as best medical kunoichi in the world, without delay, it was easy for Shima to send her a contact toad as they've always been contacting each other to communicate whether it's about mission or just their silly blickerings through them.

"TSUNADE-SAMA!! TSUNADE-SAMA!!" Shizune called as she ran through the bridge to the gazebo where Tsunade was, hoping to release her anxiety as she stare at the salty lake, hearing the splashes of water, and to look at the tiny toad that made her think of him. "Shizune," said Tsunade. "What's going on?. "A contact toad just showed up at your office!" Her eyes widened as she hoped it would just deliver the good news that she wanted to hear, but who was she kidding—deep down, she knows that whenever Jiraiya sends a contact toad, it shows up directly at her, but this time, it was at her office. They dash over to her office right away. Neglecting the thought of why it was sent at her office instead at her so, it won't grow into conclusions she wishes hadn't happen. When they got there, they busted the door. "WHAT HAPPENED?!!" She yelled at the toad that was sitting on her table. "Jiraiya is in a life-threatening situation, and requires your medical attention. He is at Mt. Myoboku with Fukusaku and Shima!"

Tsunade's eyes almost started to well up with tear as she heard his situation, Her head began to cloud as she learned more about his condition, which was the exact opposite of what she wanted to hear. It almost caused her to relapsed. However, this time she got to snapped out of it because realization hit her that there's still a possibility to save him. Her dread for her treasured friend became escalated. Shizune grew worried as well, knowing how a dead loved-one could do to her. "Should we inform Naruto about this, tsunade-sama?" she tried to speak to her since she believed she knew what she was thinking based on her answer. "No, he's only going to hinder what I'm doing to heal Jiraiya." Shizune was reassured with her answer, thinking that she was determined to save him at any cost since she doesn't want Naruto to know.

Tsunade refused to give up on Jiraiya's life-threatening situation; she made a commitment to never let what happened to Dan happen again in the foreseeable future. She was furious with the Akatsuki leader, speculating how powerful he must be to have pushed Jiraiya to this point. "Speak with Shima-sama to immediately call Jiraiya here!"

They simply cannot use reverse summoning jutsu; they must do it secretly so that the residents won't flip up. The contact toad vanished. Immediately after that, Tsunade summons Kakashi, Yamato, Guy, and Shikamaru and told them what happened and about Jiraiya's invasion into the Rain Village. Sakura overheard their conversation and was so horrified by what had occurred to Jiraiya that she was unsure whether or not to tell Naruto. She left the Hokage building because she knew that if Jiraiya showed up, things would go really serious. Sakura had a distressed look as she sat on a bench. "Ah, Sakura-chan!" Naruto spotted her and made her jolt as she specifically went on the bench at the side of the street with the intent of avoiding him to asses if she should tell him or not. "What's up with that worried look, huh? Did something happen?" Naruto asked as she could see the stress radiating on her face. Sakura believes that if she tells Naruto what happened to Jiraiya, he will simply get in the way. "Nothing!" Sakura denies and followed it by hollow laugh, "Do you want to eat ramen?". Naruto's ears clapped at the invitation he would impossibly turn down. "Ramen? ARE YOU GOING TO TREAT ME?" Sakura agreed as she didn't actually heard what he said as she was drowned with the thoughts of information she accidentally heard at the office. She was constantly bothered by it while they are eating ramen and Naruto is oblivious to it.

When Shima-sama heard what the toad sage had to say, she instantly teleported to leaf Village and raced right into the Hokage's office. Yamato, Guy, Shikamaru, and Shizune accompany Tsunade in order to guard and maintain an eye on the area while, Kakashi remains in the Hokage office to serve as a temporary replacement. Everyone is prepared "At any costs, we're going to save Jiraiya!" she muttered. Shima weaved hand signs and, "Kuchiyose no Jutsu!"