8.0: Some Things Are Better Left Alone

Start from the beginning

Claire watched him leave before she went and swiped her badge, she walked to the body and Morton was looking away from the body. "You could go stay in my office if you'd like." Morton cleared her throat and shook her head, "No, I want to hear the verdict."

"Oh God."

They all looked up to the rafters to see Angela's date there, Claire had already forgotten his name. Angela rushed to get closer, "Don't look sweetie-"

"You're not an artist, you're a freak. You're all freaks!" The guy walked away and Claire put on her gloves, "Well he's not so prince charming himself, is he?" Angela's tensed shoulders relaxed and she turned to smile at her, "Was that a joke?"

"Lightening the mood." Claire quoted Booth from before as she looked at the body, Zach brought the machine with the magnifier to zoom in on her wrist. "The left triquetral." Brennan grabbed tweezers to take out what was causing the shadows on the x-ray, she looked at it before looking back at Zach. "It's a match, do you concur?" Zach nodded, "I concur."

Brennan moved the camera around to get a better view, "We've got several pieces of foreign material lodged in the bone." Hodgins looked at the screen, "It's the same stuff we found in the shard." Angela looked over at him, "Which is consistent with the arm being dragged through the gravel after the attack." Claire looked down at the remain, "Which is consistent with our theory that April Wright wasn't killed in the place the prosecution claimed."

Footsteps caught their attention and it was Booth, he had a bag in his hand. "I got a warrant to search the guys house who slept with April the night she was murdered." Brennan looked back at him, "And what'd you find?"

"Underwear, can you run a comparison on the hair?"

Zach and Hodgins looked at each other before playing rock-paper-scissors, Zach lost and sighed. "I'll do it." Booth handed him the evidence bag and looked down at the remains, "This is April Wright?" Claire gave a nod and Brennon pushed the camera near the skull, "She wasn't killed where she was found." Booth frowned at this, "Then where was she murdered?" Brennan brought his attention to the screen, "We've got microscopic particles beaten into the skull," She looked back at Hodgins, "Is there an ID on these?"

Hodgins shook his head, "Nothing in the autopsy report." Zach looked up from where he was looking at the evidence with a microscope, "It's a visual match." Brennan looked over at Angela, "Will you backstop him on that?" Angela walked over to Zach and Claire looked over at Amy, "Ms. Morton, you look ill." Amy wasn't looking over at them, "Sorry I just- I can't." Booth looked over at her, "It's okay, things can get pretty disgusting around here." Claire looked over at Angela when she looked up from the microscope, "Do you concur?"

Angela gave a nod, "I concur with Zach's findings, we have a visual match on the pubic hair." Booth sighed at this, "I don't think a visual will stop an execution." Amy composed herself, "We need DNA to be sure." Brennan nodded and looked back them, "Amy's right, this evidence isn't enough to stop the execution." Claire frowned at this and crossed her arms, "Since when were we trying to do that?"

"From the beginning."

"No, we were doing a favor for Agent Booth to tie up loose ends and doubts." Claire told her, "Besides this isn't enough evidence to get him off of death row, if you wanted that then you'll have to find conclusive evidence to prove there's a different killer out there." Amy looked over at Booth, "If you tell the judge that you've changed your mind, that Howards Epps is innocent, then he'll sign off on it." Brennan looked over at him, "Have you changed your mind?" Booth wasn't looking at them, he was looking at Claire. "Cee?" Claire shook her head, "I believe he's guilty, I have doubts that the trial was fair and what the full truth is, but there's no doubt in my mind that he did this."