7.0: Favors & Icy Behavior

A/N: This story is based on 1x07 A Man on Death Row

Claire sighed as she sat in the FBI's conference room reading a magazine, Brennan sat across from Booth as he filled out a document. "Name?" Booth asked and Brennan frowned, "You know my name."

"You're making a request to the FBI to carry a concealed weapon, I have to follow protocol."

"That's ridiculous."

"Fine, we're done here. Cee, want some coffee?" Booth asked and Claire looked up from her magazine, "Don't call me Cee and I still don't see why I was dragged into this."

"Because you're here to convince Booth with me, my name is Dr. Temperance Brennan." Brennan said and Booth smiled at her before picking back up his pen, "Reason for wanting a gun?"

"To shoot people." Brennan answered and Claire's lips twitched, "Please put that down." Booth sighed, "No." Brennan shrugged, "What? It's the truth."

"That's not a good response, I'm writing 'self-defense in the performance of my duties pursuing suspected felons as contracted out to the FBI'." Booth responded as he wrote that down, Claire hummed as she looked back down at her magazine. "That's a better answer, means the same thing but in better words Temper."

"So I can shoot them." Brennan nodded and Booth sighed, "Ever been charged with a felony?"

"Charged or convicted?"

"Charged."

Brennan shrugged, "You know I have." Claire glanced up at them, "Yeah, you were the one who charged her." Booth rubbed his face, "I have to ask, it's-"

"Protocol, yeah we know please continue." Claire interrupted as she flipped her magazine, Brennan sighed. "It's bureaucratic nonsense." Booth shrugged, "Nevertheless, name of the arresting officer?"

"You, Special Agent Seeley Booth." Brennan answered and Claire's lips twitched, "You need her to spell that?" Booth gave them both a look, "I think I can sound that out."

Brennan folded her hands, "So when do I get the gun?" Booth grabbed a stamper and stamped the paper with 'denied', "You can't have a gun." Brennan frowned, "Why not?"

"You were charged with a felony."

"Write down that you were wrong."

"Oh, there's not space for that." Booth shrugged and Brennan sighed, "They why'd we go through all of this?" Booth smiled at her, "You have a constitutional right to apply for a weapon, I would never deny your right."

"I need a gun Booth."

"Rules are rules."

"Cee?"

Claire sighed as she looked up, "It's protocol to not allow someone with a felony have access to a gun, your case also doesn't help since the felony you were charged with also has to do with you firing a gun." 

Brennan sighed before looking back at Booth, "Tell them that I shot a murderer who was going to light me on fire." Claire looked back at her magazine, "Could be argued as self-defense."

"Which is why Bones wasn't convicted, but she did shoot an unarmed man." Booth countered and looked at Brennan, "I can't ignore that, I swore an oath to protect society from people who shoot people." Brennan sighed, "It was only his leg and he's in jail for life, how much is he gonna use it anyway?"

Claire shrugged, "Just because he's in prison doesn't mean he doesn't walk." Booth pointed at her, "Exactly," He turned back to Brennan, "Besides Bones you have the right to an appeal."