His eyes were safely hidden beneath his mask, but I could tell that he turned his attention to me when he spoke again.

"Tomorrow you will need to put any person feelings you have aside. Our objective is to confine and kill Sukuna. If he were to escape, it would be detrimental".

I pulled my gaze away and focused on a piece of lint sitting on the table. I felt Yuuji's hand move to my lower thigh, his thumb rubbing small circles into the fabric of my pants. His way of telling me to relax.

"At midnight tomorrow we will all be gathered in the courtyard. Sukuna will most likely come as soon as the clock strikes twelve, so we need to be punctual. Until then, I will tell you to please enjoy your last day," His words softened as he spoke to Itadori directly, "Everything you have done and the sacrifice you will make tomorrow has been of great help to Jujutsu tech and it's sorcerers. Although things did not go exactly according to plan, you have given us the opportunity to destroy a fair number of Sukuna's artifacts. Thank you."

Gojo Sensei bowed his head to Itadori, who's face was covered in shock.

"You don't have to say that," he said sheepishly, "honestly I've been nothing but a problem for you guys".

"Nonsense," Gojo Sensei stood straight again, his voice wavering slightly, "I'll take my leave now. I'll see the three of you tomorrow. If you need anything please find me".

With that, he walked out the door. It swung closed behind him, leaving the three of us sitting in silence. I could be mistaken, but I feel like he might have been tearing up beneath that mask.

The quiet lingered for a few seconds before Nobara shattered it.

"Okay, you two," she stood up and grabbed each of our hands, practically dragging us out the door.

"For the next few hours, we're going to forget about tomorrow, okay?"

She gave us a big smile, "I planned out the perfect last day for us! Go change into some nice clothes and meet me at the bus stop. We're going to the City!"

*****

I looked at Nobara and Yuuji, both of which had gotten ready faster than me and beaten me to the bus stop. Yuuji was dressed in his typical sweatshirt and sweatpants, with a white jacket over top. He had on white high-top shoes, and his hair was woven with gel, even spiker than usual. Nobara was wearing a pair of light washed jeans, a lacy black top, and a baggy white jacket. They both looked good, although their definitions of 'nice' clothes were definitely different. I looked down at my outfit, wondering how we all interpreted that word so differently. I wore a pair of black pants, a black shirt, and a big white and black plaid jacket.

"Megumi!" They both called simultaneously, their hands waving through the air.

I waved back, walking quickly towards them.

"You look good!" Yuuji looked me up and down, his eyes wide, pink across his cheeks.

"You look SO good!" Nobara chimed in, reaching out and pinching my cheek between her thumb and pointer finger.

I batted her hand away, warmth creeping across my cheeks as well, "Shut up, you guys".

Nobara giggled, and Yuuji immediately grabbed my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. We all sat down on a bench, the bus arriving just a few minutes later.

The bus ride felt shorter than usual, Yuuji's and Nobara talking each other's ears off the entire time. The two of them seemed as if they had actually forgotten about tomorrow, but I was having a much harder time. The thought of losing Yuuji was overwhelming my mind. I couldn't just not think about that.