"So what? It doesn't matter, you have to go tell him. Why are you so stubborn about-"

"Because it's not like yours Oikawa!"

Hanamaki had never been one to yell - in fact, as far as the brunette knew, Hanamaki had never once yelled out of malice. And so this sudden broken outburst caused Oikawa to jump and cringe back, a feeling of hostility overcoming him.

"Oikawa," Hanamaki started again, swallowing down the urge to retch.

He hated this.

He hated that he brought this.

I just had to fall in love, huh? 

Why? Why? Why? Why?-

Once again, Hanamaki found the profile of Matsukawa glowing in his mind; every image the pink-haired male mentally saved - his smile in different versions, his eyes as he gazed at different wonders.

And finally, the sonorous laughter that flooded his ears.

His chest hurt. His ears hurt. His head hurt.

His heart hurt.

"Oikawa," Hanamaki started, squeezing his eyes shut, "I'm in love with Matsukawa. No- I'm head over heels for Matsukawa." He spoke slowly through his voice crack, meaning his confession. 

"I would love nothing more than to run to him and pour my heart out, destroy whatever is there between us and create something more terrifying that this disease of mine disappears out of this world."

"But..." Hanamaki raised his tear-streaked face.

"The only difference in this situation is that Iwaizumi loves you. Mattsun doesn't. So matter what I do, I'm the one that's gonna be hurt by the end of the day."

It hurt, it hurt so much. Saying his name alone, followed by that painful pronunciation.

Hanamaki bent over and choked. He watched as flowers and leaves spurted out of his mouth, followed by a choke of hot blood; his own blood.

But his tears flowed not out of pain over his body.

But of the terrible truth that came out of his mouth.

"Makki! Makki, are you okay?" Oikawa was beyond terrified, he watched as his best friend doubled onto the ground with a cradle of wet, red flowers on his lap.

It wasn't the first time Oikawa had seen those flowers - well at least not followed by a stream of blood. He analysed the red blossoms beside Hanamaki, who was steadying himself, overcome with dizziness.

"Those flowers," started the brunette, a hand on Hanamaki's back while he gingerly touched the flowers, "It was you."

A look of pained guilt covered the pink-haired male as he lifted his head, forcing his dazed auburn iris to meet wide and knowing brown ones.

~~~~

Hanamaki...

Hanamaki...

"Hanamaki Takahiro."

Too much pain.

"Are you okay bro?"

No.

"Yeah, just a bit tired."

"A bit?" Said Matsukawa, pulling his hood back, "You look dead."