Chapter 11

"You look excited Devi."

Excited? I was even poker face. Ano bang sinasabi ni Sofi?

"Your blanked face give me that vibes. Also during class, I can say that you're thinking deeply. Ano 'yon?"

"What weapon should I use later?" I asked her. She rolled her eyes at me and started to walk with me heading to the field. Nakapagbihis na rin kami para sa training.

"Why bother thinking of that? Kahit naman anong gamitin mo, magaling ka. Talk about being talented and blessed."

Everyone in the field seems excited. Guns are not allowed that's why a variety of swords are displayed in the center beside the three trainors.

"Everyone, choose yours." Kanya kanyang lapitan ang nangyari. We look like we're going in a battlefield. Sofia and I ended choosing katanas. The only difference was the shape of its point.

"You may train with your partners for thirty minutes and afterwards everyone will be your opponent." We all sounded excited with the sudden announcement. Well mafia clans naturally have this competitiveness running on their blood.

"Same weapon?" Ian asked the obvious. Hindi ko na lang siya pinansin at naghanap ako ng mas malawak na space.

I am standing and trying to be patient with his walk. Nang makalapit siya sa aking puwesto ay naupo na lang siya sa damuhan at nagmistulang nanunuod sa mga nageensayo ngayon. I really couldn't get what his deal.

"Let's just watch for the whole thirty minutes." He said and just pinned his katana on the ground beside him.

"Rest will be allotted for minutes. Makakalaban sila ng ayos." Napatingin siya sa akin nang sabihin ko iyon. He didn't answer back but after looking at the students again, he just nod.

"They are all mafiosos. Tired is not in their dictionaries." Hindi ko na lang siya pinansin pa at sinagot ang kanyang lintanya. Naupo na lang din ako nang ilang dipang layo mula sa kanya.

I don't know how much I was comfortable watching them. Kahit si Sofi at Adrian ay pinapanuod ko lang rin. Ilang minuto lang silang nagensayo at naupo na lang rin parehas. Naubos ang tatlongpung minuto namin nang nanunuod lamang sa iba. Sigurado akong nakita kami ng trainors pero hindi na nila kami pinansin. Maybe that's what Sofi is telling me before. Our name holds the privileges.

"Wear this vest. After five minutes, we'll start the battle." Kanya kanyang abot ang mga estudyante sa vest na aming susuotin. It was designed for trainings like this. We are considered as losers if our vests get slashed and torn.

Inabot ng isa sa aming soldier ang vest namin ni Sofi. Everyone is busy wearing and fitting it.  Ian is right. All the students doesn't seem exhausted. They look like energized than tired.

"You two seems really closed." Sofi said while we're fixing our own vests.

"Likewise." I talked back and I almost laugh because of her face. Her cheeks blushed and seeing Sofi like this is too rare. Wala naman akong binanggit pero alam kong may ideya siya sa sinabi ko.

Sofia just shrugged and look around. "I'm telling you Devi. Walang pinsan pinsan mamaya." Tumango na lang ako dahil katulad niya ay ganoon din ang nasa isip ko.

This is the third time that we'll be battling as cousins. Tapos na ang lahat magsuot ng kanilang vest kaya tinipon na muli kami.

"Everyone may now start." Iyon lang talaga ang hinintay ng lahat dahil agad na nagsitayuan ang mga estudyante. It was an instant battle. I can see some students from far away watching our training.

Some students swarm on me. We were free to lash our weapons as long as the vest will be the target. If any injuries accidental or intended happens, the student will be expelled and removed from their clan. Ang unibersidad na ito ay layuning mapanatili ang kapayapaan sa mga clan kaya ang hindi makapatay o makasakit sa training ay isang basic rule.

"Sht." I smiled at myself hearing their cusses. Sa pagkakaalala ko ay sixty plus kaming mga estudyante rito mula sa tatlong klase. Pero heto at wala na sa sampu kaming mga natitira.

Ang simple kong pagsulyap kay Sofi ang siyang nagpaangat ng labi ko bigla. I saw Damian and Adrian behind her. Plus the other Elites. Just like everyone is expecting.

"Well, hello there cous." I smiled at her as she greet me.

"Third time." I said.

"Just like the old times." She answered and started to attack me. She's right. Just like the old times, she always attack first.

She tried to slash my vest and I dodged it. Kasabay ng ikot ko ay ang pagwasiwas ko rin ng katana sa kanya pero madali rin siyang umiwas. Agad siyang sumipa na aking ikinatungo. I grab the chance and tried to trip her but she just jumped. Sinubukan niya rin akong atakehin pailalim pero tinalunan ko lang din iyon.

We went back to our original stance. Just like the old times, this is the sign of our final move. Our final chance to eliminate one of us. Or else, patience could ruin our coolness. Dahil alam namin parehas na pwedeng abutin kami ng oras at araw. But the difference, she knew this is only her chance. Because if this last longer, it would definitely be a win for me.

I saw how she exhaled and it was like the only thing we've been waiting for. The air. I can feel the moves in the thin air. The speed that it will going to be. We both stepped twice and started to run like a bull closing to each other's horns.

In one swift move, we both swayed our swords. I swayed it horizontally and hers as vertically. Right there, I know it will be her attack. Naramdaman ko ang ihip ng hangin mula sa katana niya. That's why I choose to swayed my sword in horizontal as I flipped back in midair.

"Geez." She said.

I can hear everyone's amazement. Sino bang hindi? Kung papanuorin ang aming naging galaw. Everyone will see it as a do or die situation. A smooth move. We attacked together in the same seconds but we moved differently after the attack. I flipped back. She slide. Plus, the advantage was on me since I knew what attack will she make. And I wasn't mistaken.

"Someday Devi, someday." She said smiling and joining me for a slight hug that I allowed.

"You devil." She added after the hug. I looked at her vest while she started to move aside along with the other students. Her vest was ripped in front. While mine was still neat and clean.

"They both benefited." I heard from one of the Elites. I looked at him before looking at my back where everyone is staring.

"He's funny. He knows he's a pawn. Yet he acts like higher than a King and Queen." He commented while glaring.

I looked back again and I saw how that Elite shut his mouth and bowed his head. He didn't heard the comment but I know the stare did gave him a warning. I wonder how Ian will punish him if only there's no rules.

"What will you do to him if there's no rules?" I asked him due to curiosity.

"I'll make him voiceless and lifeless." Napatango ako sa naging sagot niya. Bagay sa mga tsismosa at pakielamerong tao nga iyon.

"How about you?" He asked.

"I'll rather make him noisy. But instead commenting in someone's life, I want him to shout for help and plea for his life." I answered basically while we're both closing our distance.

"You are truly a devil." He stated that made me grinned.

"Yes I am."

——

Yown. Nagbabalik ang author na tamad HAHA
Happy Valentines❤️