"I'm here, Baby. I'll always be here."

"B - but you're almost..."

"Even a bullet can't stop me to be with you." Lisa stated as a matter of fact. "Literally speaking."

"Please just. . . don't say that word. I don't want to hear it."

"Okay," Lisa replied softly. "How are the triplets?"

"They're at your parents. They miss you and I don't know how to explain this whole thing. I feel like I'm the worst mother. I never meant to neglect them," her voice cracked as a tear descended. "I can't stop crying whenever I see them cause this. . . image of losing you and raising them alone by myself are too much for me to handle."

"We're going to grow old together, I prom-"

"Don't say things you can't keep." She wiped her tears with the back of her hand. "You said it before and I've died holding onto that. I'm selfish, I know, but Lisa, I'd blame you, with every cell in my body, I'd blame you should you. . . should you move on without me."

Lisa took a deep breath. She knew Jennie didn't mean that. She was emotional, upset and unquestionably not in her right mind. Just after the night she stated those comforting words of never leaving her wife behind no matter what, she metaphorically gone.

"Thank you for hang in there. I'm sorry I make you wait too long."

"Tell me one possible way to not hold onto you." Jennie closed the distance between them, and leaned in. "It's impossible, Lisa. It is impossible when my soul relies on you."

---

After endless nagging and constant lecturing from the cardio surgeon, Jihyo finally agreed to transfer Lisa to the ward as she also felt that her condition was good enough. It never occurred to her before, but staying in the ICU was indeed a spine-chilling experience.

Lisa was still weak and sleepy all the time. However, she never missed the chance to video call her children whenever she's awake. This was the only way she could lessen the longing. They were not allowed to be in her room and Seulgi had sternly forbid her to do extreme move, including standing or walking.

Jennie and Lisa's parents took turn to look after her. Every now and then, the lawyer had to go back home to take some clothes and other necessities. Not to mention, she had three children who needed her attention as well.

Lisa had asked Jennie to stay at home and accompany the triplets. She had reassured her wife that she was fine and she had nothing to worry about.

"I almost lost you, Lisa. Ive spent days by myself in our room, thinking for the best yet the worse never leave me alone. I'm not going home without you."

Thousands of sorry would never erase the horrible memory from Jennie's brain. A mountain of promises wouldn't be able to remove her fear. She could've gone and everything was over for her. It was an easy exit. But it'd be contrary to Jennie. The one who got left behind was always be the one to suffer, to bear the great burden.

This was the way Jennie coped up with the terrible situation. She had to be close to Lisa to be sure that this was real, that she wouldn't wake up some day, finding this was all just a dream.

---

"Dada, where are we going?"

Lisa stole a glance through the rear view. "We're going to Dada's office family gathering. There's going to be a lot of food there. Aorta, Artery, and Venous will like it."

"Hon, can you not bump so much? I'm trying to fix my make up here."

"What more do you want to fix? Your face is already perfect as it is."