He was the one who shaped me into who I was today.

It was one of the Codes we lived by.

You live for family, you die for family.

There was no in-between.

But I wasn't just the Knight's heir. I was my father's most trusted confidante and one of the top trained assassins. We were close in private, cold and domineering in public. That was the life we lived, and I had come to terms with it.

"Oh, and another person wants me dead," I stated casually, picking the oversized ivory fur coat from the dresser, and hanging it loosely from my shoulders.

"Who is it this time?"

That is exactly what I'm wondering.

"I couldn't get the name out of Parker. All he said was some Capo." I frowned, trying to remember the other words he said to me. "He did look pretty scared."

Had I not been touching up on my make-up in front of the mirror, I would have missed the way my father had stiffened slightly.

I snapped the nude gloss shut. "What is it?" I demanded, narrowing my eyes at him. It took him a minute to respond.

"Capo means 'boss'. Most probably it's no one-- just some lowlife loser trying to give himself some importance. I'll double your security if I have to." Meeting my glare, he backtracked. "Not that you need any help in... what do kids these days say?... kicking ass."

I mock patted my hair regally.

"Besides, every second person you meet wants to kill you."

"That makes me feel a whole lot important," I commented, dryly, storing the calculative look on his face for later. The smooth way he deflected my question didn't go unnoticed by me.

There was something he was hiding from me, I was sure of it. And I had full plans to go behind his back to get all the information that I needed.

"What did you do to piss off some egoistic, self-proclaimed 'boss', anyway? Besides breathing, of course." He chuckled at the second part. I, on the other hand, wasn't very amused.

"Didn't fuck his men, that's for sure."

I thought for a long moment.

"Wait, I take that back." His face dropped at that. "One can never be too sure," I grinned at the horrified look on his face.

His phone beeped at that moment, and whatever text he read had his back straighten.

"It's time." His persona changed, like a switch. Gone was the relaxed father he was with me. In front of me stood a man with a cool, calculative gaze, and pistols tucked in nearly every article of clothing.

One who wouldn't hesitate to shoot his own blood to get what he wanted.

This wasn't my father, no. This was the cruellest man walking on the soils of America, with the highest crime rate.

This was the man at whose name all seven continents quavered.

This was the man who told a twelve-year-old girl to make people fear her. Because that was where all the power lay.

In making people go in terror of us. Of me.

Show them no mercy, he said.

My own mask of indifference shadowed my face, and I mentally counted all the ammunitions tucked inside my dress. Three pocket pistols, a Glock 42, and seven knives crammed in the secret pockets of my strappy, matte thigh-high heeled boots.

No second chances.

And I?

No emotions.

I was his soldier.

And darling, soldiers don't feel.

The glass windows in my room exploded.

Shouts. Gunfire. Static.

Chaos.

Such beautiful chaos.

Let the fucking games begin.

To all the people who bullied me to update in the comments of the first chapter,
I TOLD YOU I WOULD UPDATE💀

Well. Here is your update. You can leave all your confessions of your undying love to me right here >>

Next thing I know, y'all would be spamming my board with update messages.

This wasn't an idea.

Or was it-?

Great. I'd appreciate an essay on how much you want me to update. A few compliments would help your case.

Update notifications on Instagram @wordxflirt.

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote!