Fourteen | English Majors

[a/n : update before work pog]

WHEN TEAGAN WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING, THE CONVERSATION THAT ENDED HER NIGHT WAS THE FIRST THING ON HER MIND. She thought about it while she got dressed and brushed her teeth. She thought about it while she ate her breakfast and walked to work. She thought about it while she ignored Connor's concerns and fumbled through taking orders. She thought about it on her way home. And she still had come to no conclusion.

"I'm gonna apologize," she had decided, for sure, at some point. It was the manner of how and why that was getting her. Maybe he was just in a bad mood, and everything would be normal when they talked again. Or maybe he wasn't mad at all and she was just reading into it.

She had finally managed to stop thinking about it on her walk home, too caught up in stewing over something her manager had said to worry about much else. It was days like this that reminded her of why she wanted to quit so badly. She was really hoping her book would pull through.

"Oh shit," she gasped in realization. She still had to set up a call with her editor. She meant email her when she woke up, but her morning was too much of a blur for her to have remembered.

What's one more thing gone wrong?

She had to stop herself from slamming her front door when she got home. Tommy had asked if she ever just wanted to scream. Yes, Tommy, she thought. You have no idea.

Before she lost her head too much, Teagan paced back and forth in her apartment, doing her best to steady her breathing and calm herself down. She would go in and email her editor now, pushing the call out to tomorrow. Then she would make lunch, something she forgot to do way too often, and call Mina to vent. Then she would find a way to figure out how to text Techno.

Then she would take a fucking nap.

With one last deep breath, Teagan kicked off her shoes and made her way into her room. She sat down at her computer and opened up her mail, quickly typing out a professional email to her editor. She read it over once, corrected a few things, then read it over again. Emails always seemed to be awkward, but it was as good as it was going to get.

Just as she hit the send button, her discord chimed with a message. Apparently she hadn't changed her status to do not disturb. She switched tabs and nearly fell out of her seat when she saw what the notification was.

Direct Messages - Technoblade

Technoblade

Are you busy?

Teagan stared at the message for longer than she would have liked to admit. This was not at all how this was supposed to go. What if they were about to argue? She was not equipped to handle confrontation. She swallowed the newly formed lump in her throat, her fingers shaking as she typed.

sneakteags

Just got home, actually. What's up?

Technoblade

Would you be fine with
I mean
Can I call you real quick?
Just really quick. I won't keep you for long.

Once again, Teagan was left blinking at her screen. Despite the knot in her chest and the grumble in her stomach, she decided that lunch could wait.