e l e v e n

*this is a double update!! make sure to read part ten before you read this one : ) x*

• • •

𝕤𝕪𝕕𝕟𝕖𝕪

I have never wanted to throw myself out of the window of a moving bus more than I do right now.

We were so close to kissing— like so, so close, but of course the moment had to be fucking ruined. We had all the time in the world to kiss... I mean, we literally sat there for like five minutes just staring at each other— who does that? All that time was wasted because of the reason that we talk too much.  I still get so embarrassed just thinking about it and it's been two days since our date. A solid two days.

I haven't even left my bedroom if i'm being completely honest. I got home from the date and went straight into my room, mentally beating myself up for making things awkward. I told Madelyn about it, she laughed and called me a dickhead but stopped as soon as I mentioned hers and Chase's first real kiss story— she got real quiet after that.

I'm broken out of my thoughts as soon as I hear a knock on my bedroom door. "Who is it?" I shout, waiting for an answer.

"It's just me." I hear Mads say from the other side of the door, making me let out a breath of relief.

Not gonna lie, I've been worried that Rudy is gonna knock on the door and that scares me because I have no idea what I'm meant to say to him. 'Hey! I've ignored you for the past two days because I'm embarrassed about what happened on our first date. Sorry, whoops!'... yeah, no.

I watch as the girl opens the door and closes it behind her, letting out a deep sigh once she sets her eyes on me. "Get the fuck out of bed. This rooms smells like laziness."

I furrow my eyebrows, leaning back on the headboard of my bed. "Fuck you." I drag out like a child.

She rolls her eyes and walks further into my room, taking a seat on the end of my bed. "Dude, you gotta get out and face him like an adult one day." she says, placing her hand on my leg.

"Sydney's currently out of order," I mumble. "Come back and talk to her in 5-7 business days."

"Oh my God," she runs her hands over her face. "It wasn't even that bad, Syd. You're overthinking it."

"It's embarrassing!"

"It's not!"

"Is too!"

"Sydney!" Madelyn groans. "Aren't you meant to be twenty-three?"

"Twenty-two, actually." I correct her.

"There's barely a difference." she deadpans.

"Are you dumb? There's a big difference between twenty-three and twenty-two." I argue.

"I- Just get out of bed, Syd. I will send Chase in here." she huffs.

"Chase won't do shit. He's harmless." I mumble into my pillow.

"...true," she mutters. "But that's besides the point. The point is that you're acting like a child over the fact that you both talk too much."