t e n

• • •

𝕣𝕦𝕕𝕪

"Holy fuck!" Sydney laughs as she cross-crosses her legs, her thumb scrolling through the comments on her recent Instagram post. "Everyone's freaking out... what have we done?"

I laugh with her, laying down on the grassy field below the two of us. "Something we should've done ages ago."

She shuts her phone off and slides it into the pocket of her jeans, laying down next to me. "You're not slick, Pankow." she jokes, squinting her eyes at me.

"I'm not? Dang it." I pout, making her roll her eyes.

"No, but we seriously broke the internet... like, it's bad."

"Trust me, I know," I respond. "My comment section is literally full of capital letters and gibberish. If I have to read another comment that says something like 'Oh mY gOd jSbSUsTZx', I'm going to die."

She lets out a laugh, her nose scrunching as she does so. "Dramatic much?"

I lift my head off the grass and look towards her. "Shut up." I grin.

She lifts her head up as well and laughs with me, the two of us staring at each other after. The sun was slowly starting to go down, making her green eyes glisten in the sunlight. She's stunning. Absolutely stunning.

Sydney reaches forward to adjust the red bandana wrapped around my forehead. "Two friends in a field..." she mumbles.

My eyes quickly drop down to her lips then back up to her eyes— many thoughts running through my mind... until an idea pops up. "...they might kiss." I add in.

"Yes they wi- what?" she trails off, hand dropping from my bandana.

"What?" I mumble— acting dumb.

Am I on drugs or did she nearly say 'yes they will'?

"Uh-" she stammers. "No... yes? I- no."

I bite the inside of my cheek, trying to distract myself from the situation. I have to think quick before the moment's ruined. "I mean... yes we will."

"We will?" she questions, this time her eyes falling down to my lips.

"We will." I confirm, trying to sound confident.

"Okay," she nods, slowly leaning closer to me. "I guess we will."

"Yeah," I mutter, my nose now inches away from her own. "We will."

My heart rate starts to speed up as soon as our noses meet— our lips were so close to touching that it was driving me absolutely crazy. I was mentally slapping myself in the face and screaming at myself to calm the fuck down because we've kissed a thousand times before thanks to the show— but this was different. We didn't have cameras filming us or a whole crew watching it go down, this was real life.

...but thanks my luck, as soon as our lips brushed against each other's— my phone started to ring. She flinched away from me at the loud sound and sat up, brushing off her knees and awkwardly scratching her neck.