He seemed to have noticed your gaze upon him, and he scoffed as he slid his window down.

"What the fuck was that, Levi?" You could barely form a coherent voice to yell at him with.

"The start of a mistake." His voice is - steady. His pulse, not so much.

"What?" You said, breathless.

Levi closed his eyes, tipped his head back slightly, and took a deep, annoyed-be-gone, breath. He knew there was no other explanation, knew that he had to tell you everything whether he liked it or not.

"I guess we're both out of fucking luck, aren't we?" murmured Levi, sarcastically. "Erwin wants my head on a plate for money and my uncle wants yours."

It wasn't clicking in your head. More so, it couldn't because there were so many unanswered questions. So many untouched emotions that needed to be dealt with. Or else you'd explode, overwhelmed with everything.

"You-your uncle?" Is what you managed to whisper, carefully wiping away excess glass from your seat.

"You heard me," said Levi and he's trying his best not to look at you. Not because he didn't want to but because he couldn't bring himself to after everything that had happened. So he shifts the gear back into drive instead.

Damn, the speed limit. Levi presses the pedal harder. Beside him, you're holding onto the handle and observing the gunshot in the window. "Levi..."

"You heard me," Levi repeated. "He wants you dead because of some bullshit that happened between him and - Fuck! How did people get their license, shit."

He swerves his car, quite angrily, and passes by another. He even went out of his way to press the horn, frustratingly. If anybody wanted to piss off Levi, they would just have to be a horrible driver.

"And who?" You urged.

"My uncle and your mother."

"You're lying."

You barely even knew your own mother and all of the sudden her name became relevant to you. But the whistle of the wind running through the window seemed to have drowned it out. Your mother... The last memory of her had been vividly ingrained in your memory - her walking through the door, saying goodbye.

"You think I would lie?" Levi threw his cigarette out the window. "Tch. I wish I was."

"How do you know my mom?" You mumbled, eyes on Levi.

"Kenny, actually." He corrected. "My uncle knows her. I don't. I think they had a thing a long time ago, and my uncle is the type to hold grudges."

"So how and why does that have to involve me?"

"The old man found out his old fling's daughter happened to be one of my classmates. I guess he figured you'd be bait. Better yet, reparations."

A small burst of a shiver possessed your body, causing you to exhale sharply. "Reparations?"

"He's not a nice man."

Unable to grasp the surreal information, you pressed your head against the back of the car seat. Then you screamed. You really tried. So many things had happened in the past week and you were exhausted. If the universe was trying to test you, then this test was way too hard. You would have surrendered by now, if you could.

"The hell is wrong with you?" Levi furrowed his brows as he scowled. "Why are you screaming?"

It takes a good second for you realize that you were still in Levi's car, and that screaming probably wasn't something Levi liked. So you stopped immediately, ending with a sigh.