2.2 - It's Our Problem

TW. DO NOT READ THIS IF YOURE TRIGGERED EASILY AND DO NOT READ THIS IF YOURE TRYING TO PURPOSELY TRIGGER YOURSELF.

"I came to apologize to Margo for the way I acted last night." I hear Calum speak faintly from the kitchen as he stands outside the front door. Noelle said he's been pacing around outside all morning and she finally answered the door for him.

"Come in." Noelle sighs and I hear the front door shut.

I glance at Koleton and raise my eyebrows. "He's coming over to apologize because he was a sick last night." I inform him quietly and he doesn't bother moving.

He's been sitting beside me at the counter all morning as I toss peanuts at him. He doesn't react though, just lets them bounce off his forehead onto the counter-top.

Noelle enters the kitchen and gives me a look as if to silently say "don't mess this up."

Calum enters the kitchen behind her, looking at me like he's genuinely sorry.

"I came to apologize for everything I said last night. I know it was all wrong of me to say and I hope it won't effect where we are with this relationship, what ever you want it to be called. I just wanted to-"

Right when he's about to convince me to accept his apology, my phone begins ringing. I look down at it and furrow my eyebrows at the unknown caller.

"Hold on one second, I'm so sorry." I stand up, leaving the kitchen with Noelle close behind me. I answer the phone and put it on speaker, not know who to expect on the other end. "Hello?"

"Margo? Margo baby is that you?" Her voice is shaking and it makes my heart sink. How did she get my number? How does she know how to get in touch with me? "Margo baby your dad told me he saw you and he said you look all grown up."

She begins sobbing and Noelle gives me a look of confusion.

"I don't speak to him anymore. Who is this?" I ask, not wanting her to answer because I already know it's going to confirm my theory.

"It's your mom baby? Its me, your mom." She sobs into the phone and I feel as if I'm going to vomit. "Baby can you please come home? Your brother and sisters miss you. They would love to see you."

The image of them that I have in my mind makes my stomach knot up. "I'll have to think about it. I'm busy. I have to go."

Before she can cry to me anymore, I hang up the phone and look up at Noelle. "Who was that?"

"That was my mom."

———

"So you're leaving? How long will you be gone? Will you be okay?" Calum drills me with more questions as I lazily toss my belongings into a suit-case. I won't be gone for long, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. "Margo you haven't spoken much since the call, are you going to say anything? This is a big deal."

"No Calum, it's really not. And it's definitely not something for you to worry about. Please leave me alone so I can deal with her shit, as usual." I snap and he backs away, flinching at my tone. "I'm sorry, I just- I don't know what to do. I haven't spoken to her in years."

"I'll go with you." He pipes up and I furrow my eyebrows. "I will. And I'll be there with you every step of the way. I don't want you going there alone. I can go pack my bags right now and I'll even-"

I stop him from talking any further by cupping his face in my hands, a small smile on my face.

"Calum, you don't have to come with me. I can do this by myself." I reassure him, but he shakes his head as he grabs my wrists and pulls my hands off of his face.