1.4 - Back To You

We're back to Margo's pov

"So how are you feeling with being here for the third time? You must be getting tired of us." The radio host jokes and I laugh softly.

"Definitely not, I was actually wondering when I would come talk to you again." I smile, using the tactics I was taught in media training.

There are a few rules that the public doesn't know when it comes to interviews.

One, don't ask the interviewer about themselves. Interviews are only about you. No matter how bad you want to do it, do not ask them any questions.

Two, don't give any extra information. If they ask you to further explain something, do not drift from that topic. That one is a hard one for me.

Three, always keep a positive attitude towards the interviewer. The nicer you are, the nicer they are. It doesn't matter what kind of day you're having.

Four, only look off camera when necessary. If you get easily distracted, you'll seem immature. You don't want to seem immature.

Finally, five; only talk about your relationships when asked. If you're asked about your work, don't talk about how your relationships feed into your work. Trust me on this one, it'll save you a lot of stress.

"It's been so long since we talked. Uhh, you have a new album out, that's exciting. How is everything with that?" He asks and I fix the head-set, forcing a smile.

"It's been an exciting process. I've put lots of time and effort into this one, we all have. The producers and everyone else that have helped with it have really made it a fun process." I explain, trying to hold back from talking too much. "It's definitely one I'll remember."

"That is amazing." He nods, looking back down at his list of questions and pointing one out. "I think this is the question everyone wants you to answer. Who are the songs about?"

Oh no.

"Wow, you guys really never hold back." I nervously laugh, stabbing my nails into my leg three times. "They're definitely about someone."

"Oh c'mon, your secret is safe with us." He teases me and I force a laugh.

"It's just about someone that I wish I had the chance to love with my full potential." I finally answer, no bullshit hidden in the answer, just raw emotion.

"Do you feel like that's what your fan base can relate to?" He asks, clasping his hands together.

"See, I don't exactly make music for them to relate to, I make it for myself to let everything out. If they relate to it then that's amazing, because I feel like people underestimate what young people can feel nowadays." I explain and he nods, processing my words.

"What do you mean by that?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"In today's day and age, people my age are constantly being underestimated. Whether it be with their potential to reach their dreams or their potential to feel certain things, people are constantly telling them they're too young." I explain, watching the gears turn in his head. "I just want to use my platform to push the idea that no matter your age, heartbreak is very real. Depression and anxiety are very real. All of these things are very hard to go through and I just want my fan base to realize they're not not alone, as cheesy as it sounds."

"That's beautiful, really, but are you sure it's not about a certain someone?" He smirks, raising his eyebrows and I lean back in my seat.

Breathe, Margo. In through your nose and out through your mouth.