Chapter 16

"He's going to keep ringing you, Mia," Rachel tells me for the fifth time today. I groan into my pillow.

"I'm annoyed at him," I moan.

It's now Friday, the last day of the week. I've been avoiding Zach as much as I can. I can't face him yet. When I see him all I feel is this hatred bubbling up inside and when I walk home, Beth is always there waiting for him. I just want to puke on her face.

"Of course you are," Rachel says whilst patting my back.

"How many times does he want to hurt me by having sex with other people?" I moan out again.

"Ouch," I hear Rachel say.

"Oh, no offence," I add in. She laughs a little.

"None taken. I'm with Levi now so I don't care," I start to push my hand on her face.

"I don't want to hear your mushy love crap. It's Valentines in a couple days and I'm still alone. Like I always am," I bury my head back into my pillow.

"Okay I won't speak about Levi. But, Mia. You got to stop feeling sorry for yourself. No offence sweetie but you weren't together. I mean you made that pretty clear in the car when you two were coming back from Thorpe Park," I moan into my pillow once more.

I hear a slight knock on the door. I'm not bothering to lift my head up. My self pity is deep and I need my pillow to make me feel like I have a friend. I feel the bed pop up a little which means Rachel is standing. I can't even be bothered to lift my head to see where she is.

"I'll give you a minute. Maybe thirty, you're going to need it," I hear her whisper. That's when I pop my head up and see Zach standing in front of me. I groan out loud and bury my head in my pillow again. More self pity.

"Mia, look-" I shoot my head straight up and interrupt him.

"No you look Zach. I don't want to speak to you, I don't want to look at you. Please leave my house," I shout. He just lifts an eyebrow.

I roll my eyes and sit up. I grab my pillow and start hugging it close to me. He then sits down next to me.

"Mia, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have hurt you," he stops. He looks at me as if to say he's done. That's it? That's the apology? THAT IS THE SORRY HE GIVES ME FOR FUCKING BETH?

I close my eyes, breathe in and out and then mentally prepare myself for what I'm about to say.

"I hate you." The words were so easy to come out of my mouth. I think that's what hurts the most.

"Okay," Zach replies. He stands up and starts to leave.

"Okay," I whisper.

"You know," he starts up again. "I came round to see if you would take me back. If I should never go back to Beth. I'm thinking that maybe I should go back to her. At least she wants me," I stand up and grab his arm just as he was about to open my door. I slam him against the wall.

"I hate you because you buried yourself in that sluts pussy. We had just been Thorpe Park together. You kissed me. You meant everything to me. You still do. I just can't look at you the same. First Rachel, now her. I'm disgusted and I feel sick to my stomach. I keep imagining you two together. It's in my dreams. I can't escape it. You haven't approached me all week. A phone call isn't going to cut it buddy. Wanna be with Beth? Go ahead. Just don't ever speak to me again. I'll pretend you don't even exist. You think I don't want you? Beth would have beaten the shit out of me if she knew about our little trip." I give him a final shove.

I go back to my bed and bury my head in my pillow, not wanting to see Zach's face. I hear the door slam and I can hear his feet stomp on the stairs as he rushes down. I then hear the door open again. Someone sits down next to me.