1

This fic includes mature topics. [Self-harm + Emotionally/Physically abusive relationship + Smut/Fluff + Bulimia]

How did it get this bad. I didn't think it would get this bad.

Here I am, doubled over the toilet, fingers coated in saliva, just waiting for the energy to stand up.

I hear heavy footsteps approaching the bathroom, and quickly realize I'm not going to be given the privilege of waiting.

"Jesus Sadie."

I don't even bother looking at him, I can sense James's disappointment just from the feeling of his eyes on me.

"Come on get up, I've been waiting for you in the car for a long time." He tugs on my arm, but I only respond with a groan.

"Sadie. Get up don't be lazy, c'mon."

"Now." He yanks on my sleeve with a little more force than the last attempt. I take that as warning enough, just barely pulling myself to a standing.

___________

I climb into the passenger's seat, and James throws his door open hopping in beside me. It's a short drive to the grocery store, about 10-ish minutes. In the little time we've been in the car his hand has managed to land on my thigh, rubbing light circles up and down my leg. Most people would find it soothing, but for me it's more anxiety inducing. As the movement continues, the pressure increases. The light rubbing becomes severe enough to leave reddish-purple bruises scattered along the side of my leg.

It's okay though.

It's how James shows his affection, and for that I love them.

___________

We arrive at the store rather quicker than usual, and I make sure to lift the collar on my sweater high enough so the marks there aren't visible.

Once inside the supermarket, I seperate from James to look for some brownie and cookie mix. Slutty brownies are his favorite, and I feel like he deserves something special for dinner.

I'm bent over, searching the shelf for the correct brand when someone taps my back. My breath hitches, as I quickly stand up. I knew it was coming, I had not only felt the presence of someone over my shoulder for at least 30 seconds, but I could also see their shoes from the corner of my eye.

They were some old ass...Nikes?

I make a questioning noise, and catch the dude glancing at my neck. I quickly adjust my collar, feeling where this is going.

"Hm?" I squeak out, trying to draw his attention elsewhere.

"Oh- well... you-" He takes a deep breath.

"I noticed the print on your neck. It looks like a hand mark, and well I- I just wanted to ask if you're okay."

I laugh for that, trying to make this as brief as possible, "Yeah that's just-."

I stutter to a stop when I see the guys eyes widen almost imperceptibly, and feel a familiar hand grip my waist.

"Yeah I'm fine. Thank you."

"Ok, well at least give me your number, so we can... meet- meet up for coffee sometime!" There's a subtle tone of worry laced into his words.

"Yeah, that's uh fine- sure." It's a little difficult for me to talk, feeling James's breath hot on my shoulder.

As I take the phone from his hand, I feel James inhale against my back.

"And this is?"

I tense up almost immediately, "Oh It's-"

I'm cut off, "Clay. I'm Clay, an old friend from back in highschool." He says with a weary smile.

I quickly hand the phone back.

His hand comes up to rest on my shoulder. I flinch for that. "Well.." He looks back down at my newly-entered contact, "Well Sadie, I'll see you around."

As he pats my arm, and walks off I notice how the harsh lighting of the store brings out the soft green in his eyes.

___________

We didn't talk the entire time checking out, up until we got back to the car.

I shut the car door, and grab my seat belt to buckle when James turns to me, and gently grabs my face. I accidentally let go of the belt, reacting to the chill of his hand against my cheek, and it hits my arm making me wince slightly.

He leans forward and presses a feather light kiss to the corner of my mouth.

I try to look everywhere else but at him.

"I hope you know you won't be seeing that guy babe." He almost whispers, firmly holding my face.

I shake from his hold, and turn to face the window, his hand falling back to my thigh.

"Yeah. I know."

A/N: I didn't like my last story so I'm starting a new one :) I also didn't proofread this sorry for any errors lmao

muwah <33