TBH

Summary: Continuation of Hit Me Up, in which Dan realizes his feelings for Phil might go a bit beyond friendship.

~ ~ ~

Maybe he was just freaking out, but Dan couldn't stop thinking about Phil.

His best friend. Sort of. They mostly communicated through the Internet, so he didn't know if it really counted.

It was stupidly cliche, liking your best friend, especially when you barely saw them in the first place. But they had met, a few times now, and it did nothing but make Dan conscious of the fact that neither of them were straight. And single.

He hadn't told Phil. No, he was too awkward and nervous to do that. He'd worried a lot that Phil wouldn't even like him as a friend, so just imagine what it was like having a crush on him.

And PJ was constantly making fun of him, bringing it up whenever he could and laughing at Dan's flushed face. Needless to say, he wasn't a very supportive friend.

So here Dan was, caught in the violent turmoil of his own thoughts and feelings, and not having the guts to voice them out loud.

He was currently curled up on the floor of his living room, staring at his phone and deciding whether or not to start a conversation with Phil. It had been roughly five hours since they'd last spoken, and Dan didn't want to come off as desperate for attention. He just wanted to talk, and smile at the stupid jokes Phil was always telling and maybe make plans to meet up again.

danisnotonfire:
im rlly bored :(

He stared at the three words for over a minute, biting his lip and hitting send before locking his phone and setting on the floor next to him. He felt stupid, because his heart was racing and his stomach was turning. It was only a message. But he was very self conscious that Phil would call out his neediness and make him feel embarrassed.

It didn't take long before Phil replied, and Dan smiled. He was glad that Phil prioritized him.

AmazingPhil:
well that's never a good thing

danisnotonfire:
then do something about it

AmazingPhil:
I could think of a few things ;)

Fuck, Dan thought. He should be used to this by now. Even before they'd met, Phil was always a bit flirty. He'd always brushed it off before, but now that he had these feelings, it made him pause. Made him wonder if Phil actually thought about the things he said, and if he ever meant them.

danisnotonfire:
tease. we're like 8 hours from each other

AmazingPhil:
U wanna meet up then? it's been a while...

It had really only been a few weeks since they'd talked in person, but to Dan it felt like months. And the same must have been with Phil. Dan was guiltily happy about that.

danisnotonfire:
definitely. Where at?

~ ~ ~

"And are you ever gonna tell him how you feel?" PJ asked the next day, picking a book off of one of the many shelves and flipping through it.

They were standing in one of the aisles in PJs favorite bookstore, and Dan had just finished telling him about his meeting up with Phil in the next few days. He knew he must be kind of annoying, always talking his friends ear off about his stupid problems, but he didn't have anyone else to go to. Cause he surely couldn't figure it out himself without most likely messing everything up.