Chapter 18

Sorry guys for the wait. I was having some technical issues. So here is your next chapter.
Nathan's POV

It had been three weeks since Aria started working for me. So far, she hadn't made much mistakes. Though this is her work she manages to complete work like pro. I asked her to bring me this year's sales report but it is taking her a lot time than required. I had CCTV's in everyone's cabin but they are unaware about it. I just keep it for safety reasons so that company's secrets aren't sold by anyone. I opened the camera of Mr Molvon's office to see they were laughing about something. Anger seeped in my viens to see them laughing together. By the way they were talking with each other, it seemed that they already know each other. I don't know why but I don't like the way she was open towards him and not me. She was always professional with me and never talked with me other than work. 'What is wrong with you Nate? You wanted that type of assistant that doesn't talks to you other than work or be interested in you personally. Aria is just doing that but why does it effect me that much' I thought to myself. Lately I have been thinking much about Aria and I don't like that idea but my mind seems to have other plans. I think I am just frustrated due to the work load recently to have these thoughts.  Yes, I am just frustrated and that's why I am thinking about her. I should just get laid to remove my build up tension. There was a knock on my door. I looked at my computer screen to see that it was just Mr Molvon in his office meaning it would most probably be Aria. I looked at my watch to see she was 15 minutes late. I allowed the person to enter and it was her. She entered with file in her hands and placed it on my desk.

"You are 15 minutes late Miss Campbell. Any specific reason about it."

"No sir and I am sorry about it."

I became angry that she was lying to me. I hate when a person lies.

"Next time make sure to chit chat with your boy toy outside office. And don't be late, this is your last warning." I spoke coldly towards her.

"I apologise for my mistake Sir but he isn't my boy toy but a friend and I would very much appreciate if you don't disrespect him."

Does this girl don't fear me or what. No one has ever given me back answers but here she was doing that. I know I shouldn't have mentioned about Mr Molvon being her boy toy but I just said what came in my mind at that time. She is different than other woman. The woman whom I know would never oppose me instead would listen to whatever I tell them without uttering a word. But, she doesn't take shit from me. She is like a spitfire who isn't afraid to speak whatever is on her mind. Shit, I should not think about her.

"You are dismissed Miss Campbell."

She didn't waste any time and left my office. I took a deep breath to calm myself my head and concentrate on my work. There were a stack of papers and contracts on my desk. These are surely going to take time. I sighed and began reading them. I don't know how much time had passed but I am tired of reading these. I looked at the clock to see its 12:30. I can definately use a break. I should order something to eat since I didn't had my breakfast today morning rather just coffee. I unlocked my phone to see 3 messages from Mark.

Mark(11:30) Heyy. Wanna have lunch together ??
Mark(11:40) Helloooo. Are u busy?
Mark(11:45) Don't bother to reply I am coming to your office to have lunch today with u.

Its already lunch time where is he? He should be here. Right on time, there was a knock. I think it is Mark. I allowed him in but he wasn't alone. Aria and Liam were with him. What is she doing here with Mark? Liam was playing with her hair. They looked so soft I would also love to play with them. I wish I can just take a strand of her soft hair and twirl in my hands. My thoughts were interrupted by Liam's giggles. He was throwing his arms towards me. I smiled at him and went towards him. While taking him from Aria our hands brushed together causing tingles. I looked at her to see she also felt them. We were both staring at each other.

*Cough* "Heyy Nate."
Ofcourse it has to be Mark. Can't he just shut his stupid mouth for some time. Aria was the first to look away. Her cheeks were a bit red. I did a bro hug with Mark. Liam was bouncing in my arms to catch my attention. I looked in his eyes to see they were twinkling.

"Heyy buddy. Did you miss dada buddy." He said something in his gibberish baby language.

"I missed you too baby."

"Okay we will talk later. Let's eat something I am starving. I have already ordered lunch. It must be on the way." Mark said.

I nodded my head at him. I looked towards Aria to see she was still standing here. I was about to ask her why she is standing when Mark beat me to it.

"Aria is having lunch with us. Liam wanted to play with her and her friend bailed out on her so I invited her here."

I once again nodded at him. I can't help but think if her friend was non other than Mr Molvon. I clenched my jaw at that thought. No it's none of my business with whom she goes to lunch. She is just my assistant. I shouldn't be thinking about all these. Someone clicked thier fingers in front of me.

"Are you alright Nate? I have been calling you but it seems you were thinking about something."

"I am fine. I was just thinking about tomorrow's presentation. You know bery well if we get this deal it would be extremely profitable for our company."

"Yeah I know. Aria, do you know about this deal?."

"Yeah. Sir has assigned me to make presentation about our deal." Aria replied.

"Good luck."

"Thanks."

Our lunch arrived and we sat at couch. Liam was playing with my stubble. Aria sat nearby couch while Mark was sitting towards my left. They were talking while me and Liam were playing. I was tickling his sides when he saw Aria. He stopped laughing and gestured to go towards her. She looked in our direction and understood what he was trying to tell her. She looked at me as if asking my permission. I placed Liam on her lap and he gave her his cheeky grin. She pinched his cheeks and started playing with him. I was looking at them when Mark elbowed me. I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Don't stare at her dude. You look like creep." He whispered so that Aria can't hear.

"I am not looking at her. I was looking at Liam." I whispered back.

He rolled his eyes,
"Sure you were." He whispered sarcastically.

Aria was feeding Liam while having her lunch. Me and Mark were talking about business and random things. Our lunch was done and lunch time was also up. Liam was still in Aria's lap tracing her face with his fingers.

"I'll see you later Mark. I have a meeting in 20 minutes." I said to Mark.

"Yup see you later. I'll drop Liam at your parents house."

He went towards Aria to take Liam from her. He took Liam from her arms but Liam jerked his head back. Aria caught him or else he would have fallen. I went towards them to take him. But he wasn't coming to neither of us. He started crying. Aria wiped his tears and began to pepper his face with kisses to make him laugh. After some time he stopped crying and was giggling at her. I don't know why he likes her so much. Looking at our struggle to take Liam she suggested an idea.

"Umm...it looks like Liam doesn't wants to go. He will probably sleep in some sime since he had his lunch. If you don't mind sir, can I take him to my cabin. Once he is asleep I'll inform you."

"Yeah that would be nice idea. I can't see my favourite nephew crying." Mark said before I could say anything.

"No. I don't think that's necessary because in case you forgot Miss Campbell you need to make that presentation and I want it on my desk tomorrow. Liam staying with you would just give you an excuse."

Aria was looking at me with a blank face.

"I assure you Sir I won't be giving you any excuses and the presentation would be on your desk at 9am in the morning. So can I take him with me?"

"Yes you can. But when he is asleep bring him back here."

"Yes sir."

They both went out of my office. Liam didn't even looked at my way once. He just went with her. She was speaking so confidently about that presentation. I know it would take at least four hours to complete it. It was like she took my warning as challenge. Let's see if I get that presentation tomorrow morning on my desk or not.

Love
~Diya❣