Chapter 8: Favor

I brought my laptop and made way to their building, wearing my suit and tie for it is a business meeting.

I want to look good and presentable but let's change it into converse.

I'm getting nervous ever since I got into my car, what if they'll change my plan? oh for fuck sake.

"Wait–" I heard someone stopped the elevator door.

It was Callista, back with her twist braids.

She kept a straight face after that until we reach the 10th floor.

"Good morning Miss Callista"

Everyone greeted her, I heard them whispering my name. They must have thought that we got back to together or something, it won't happen.

Maybe it will?

"Your outfit looks good" I looked at her and bit my insides as we enter the meeting room.

"You look quite dashing yourself too" She replied.

All eyes were on us, at least eight people are here.

I sat next to Calvin while Callista was at the back.

I took a deep breathe and start.

It was a success!

After the meeting we decided to eat lunch at Gari, Callista suggested.

"Well done Tyler, nice presentation you've done there" Calvin said.

"Thank you Cal, I really sense Mister Yin was hesitating to agree with me–"

"Damn, I noticed that too. I was literally resisting my laugh at the back" Callista laughed.

Man, I miss those laughs with pig snores.

"But Mister Okonma, it is suited for everyone right?" I mimicked Mr. Yin's voice.

We both laughed.

"You two are quite getting along" Calvin said.

Both of us suddenly stopped and scooted away with each other.

Awkward.

•••••

Sunday afternoon, I went at Callista's studio for Serenity's art session. The members really grew than I expected, mostly teenagers or in 20's.

"What an unexpected visit Tyler, nice seeing you again" We gave each other a hug.

"It's been years and you're still the maestro here" I said.

"This is what i love the most, teaching these young people to follow what they want and believe in themselves"

"Just like the owner of this place" She continued and looked at me.

Speaking of the owner, she came in making the teens go crazy as fuck. Wanting to have a picture with her.

"Oh dear" Serenity sighed and clapped her hands to caught their attention.

"Yow. Y'all guys listen" I shouted as loud as I can.

Luckily they all turn around and took their seats.

I looked at Callista, "Thank you" she mouthed.

I simply nodded and took a seat too.

"I wanna start mine again, yours is more beautiful"

"What? You don't have to compare yours to mine. Yours is completely unique and creative, I love your idea"

I heard some of the teens chattering about their work, I glanced at my front view.

Callista was just busy doing her thing with earphones on, lip syncing and making small dance with her shoulders.

I smiled a little as our eyes met, she lifted an eyebrow at me. I made a face and I saw her smirked.

"Times up!"

We all finished our work and I can say, these kids are absolutely artistic. Mine is like a work of a five year old kid, anyway back to art sharing we all hang our canvas at the wall for today's week.

I didn't agree to take a pic with them haha, how bad of me.

Same old day just like yesterday, me and Callista are left here cleaning the room. Since Serenity needs to rest, I stumbled upon a can of paint out of nowhere.

I heard she laughed at me.

I got to glimpse at her lower back, since she was wearing a loose crop top shirt.

A couple of small bruises.

"What's with your back?" I asked, she suddenly lifted her pants up.

"Nothing" She replied.

I started to conspire some shits about them, first she was crying and now she got bruises. 

She's told me about the surface level of their relationship. Seems kinda sus, since both of them looks okay with each other.

"Wanna grab an ice cream?" I changed the topic.

"Sure, it's sushi day today" She replied.

I smiled after hearing that, she still remembers it.

We ride at our bikes and brought the foods that we want, same location at the park.

I'm quite a bit uneasy with her because after seven years without communication and left her. 

It's weird that I'm with her now.

Her phone started to ring.

"Hello?....Yes I'm with him, why?.... Okay"

She pressed the loud speaker so I can hear it.

"Tyler bro"

It was Calvin.

"Yes bro? Is there a problem?" I asked.

"A little bit, it's not yours but it's mine to be exact... My sweet little sister, I have a favor"

Callista grunted, "What is it?"

"I will not be able to join Tyler to Singapore-"

"Why?" We both said.

"Me, Mom and Dad have a very very important meeting with the Fletchers in New Zealand that day for almost a week, and Callista you'll be taking it since you've attended the meeting"

"But–"

"No but's sister, you don't have to make an excuse for I already contact your assistant with your schedule"

"I don't think I can–"

"You can do it Callista, you've been doing this for years"

I could feel she's fuming and hesitating.

"I know but it's Mister Yin who's hard to convince–"

"Then fuck him, focus on Tyler I mean Tyler's plan depends on you. We trust you to do it"

She looked at me for second.

"Okay, I'll do it"