Chapter 17- The banquet(2)

"I am...the....jaguar?" Asked the prince in confusion.

Sh*t! I said it out loud.

"...it's nothing," I said.

The second dance ended and the third dance soon began. Many others had asked me to dance although I turned them down saying that I wasn't feeling alright. The real reason was that I had just found out the freaking identity of the jaguar! I needed to step outside for a moment so I decided to go to the balcony.

The moment I stepped out of the banquet hall the commotion and music in the surrounding area reduced. I could feel the cold air blow against my face which made my hair flutter a bit. It was a bit chilly but I didn't really care about it.

I think it would be better if I would not think about anyone for now. Not even about my dream, it could just be a coincidence....right?

"Oh, who am I kidding. Of course, it's not a coincidence." I said to myself.

I leaned against the railing and kept my elbows on them. Sometimes it's hard to accept this is my reality and being a person who overthinks is not helping at all. I looked at the cloudy black sky. Will it rain today?

"Are you alright your highness?" Asked a familiar voice.

I turned my head to the side to see who it was. Aristia was standing there with a gentle smile.

"Lady Aristia? When did you come here? I didn't hear anyone walk in."

"Um..I've been standing here for the past 15 minutes your highness."

"Oh...I didn't realize it. I was in deep thought actually." I said.

Was I that lost that I could not make out Aristia's presence? Even though she is practically shining! Ha.....the wonders of the female lead.

"....I really admire you, princess, you were able to organize such a wonderful banquet so effortlessly and- "

"No, not at all. It might look like I am doing this effortlessly but in reality, it's really a headache." I said cutting in the middle.

"Is that so..."

"Lady Aristia, you are the one who has been admired actually. Being the lady of the prophecy is not a piece of cake it takes a lot of effort to stand tall especially in high society. Everyone looks at you as the crown princess. Trust me the duties of a mere princess is nothing compared to what you are headed for." I said.

Aristia simply stared at me in astonishment. In the manhwa, her father tells the emperor that he wants to make Aristia the successor of house Monique on the day of Ruveliss's coming of age ceremony.  So bringing anything related to her swordsmanship would be weird.

"....I am not doing any more than running away from my duties and destiny." She said while averting her eyes from me.

"I don't think that way. You are the one who shall decide your destiny and you are certainly not the only one who is running away from 'duties'. "

When I said duties I meant my place in the royal family. Aristia understood exactly what I meant. She was surprised by what I had said.

"Your highness, the emperor has requested that you join him and the crown prince for dinner. The banquet is about to end." Said a knight that had just walked in.

"Yes, I shall be there in a moment," I told him.

I looked back at Aristia, I don't want her to know that I am trying to cut ties with the royal family just yet. But later in the future, I shall reveal it to her because she is trying to do the same.