Chapter 13- Hate, pride and distain(2)

"According to what you told me we can take out the highlights of your story." Said Allendis.

At first, he felt it was some kind of joke at first but he eventually decided to take it seriously.

"The highlights are Orange lilies, the full moon, the edge of a cliff, a panther, and the message it gave. Could you repeat it once more?"

".....The lilies are in full bloom just like the moon. A time shall come when you shall see them in a union once again.'" I replied.

Allendis looked like he was in deep thought.

"The orange lilies.....they symbolize hate,distain, and pride," I said.

"......I see. This may be more complicated than I thought" said Allendis.

Allendis and Cynthia sat for a while theorizing what could the clues signify.

"I will have to make a plain guess. The full moon might have meant The Great Moon, which is the position of the Empress." Said Allendis.

"What makes you feel that way?" I asked.

"That could be the most possible scenario. Whereas the flowers signify that you will come across hate, pride, and distain that might affect you tremendously. The panther must signify a person in your life would cause that. Is there anyone who you think might be?" Asked Allendis.

"....no, I don't," I said

I started to worry after hearing Allendis's words. They were very accurate.

"Are you sure? Not even the prince?" Asked Allendis.

I glared at him with cold blue eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"The only person who is standing between your position of an Empress is the prince. Not to mention the flowers, after all, they- "

"That's enough Sir Allendis. Don't try to cross the line." I said coldly.

He stopped talking and sat back.

"Thank you for your help today. You will be rewarded generously for today." I said.

Allendis bowed in respect to Cynthia and was on his way back to his mansion.

"Tsk, tsk poor little princess" Said Allendis with a smirk.
.
.
.
.
Cynthia was left alone in her room. She sat on her bed while a wave of thoughts rushed over her.

Now that I think about it he might be right. Could Ruveliss be some kind of threat to me? Would he really have me killed after the emperor passes away?

Most of the things Allendis said was true. The moon could signify the position of the empress but the rest of the things are quite blurred to me. The more Allendis talked about Ruveliss the more I believed him. After all, Ruveliss's position has always been a threat to the previous Cynthia as well.

*******
(1 day before the banquet)

Tomorrow is finally when the Envoys arrive, Marquees Kieran, Duke Ruth, and Duke Rass were busier than usual. I myself did not get time to rest, the emperor had yet to visit the grand hall. He himself was busy in a meeting with Duke Ruth De Verita.

Soon I finally got a chance to rest after an hour of work. Preparing a royal banquet is harder than I thought. Everything needed to be perfect, if it wasn't for duchess Erina it would've been very hard for me.

I was on my way to the resting room when I met Carsein on the way.

"Greetings, to the star of the empire princess Cynthia." Greeted Carsein.