Chapter 14- The prince of Ambrosia

Finally, the long-awaited day of the banquet had arrived. The royal family was going to be welcoming the prince of Ambrosia and their envoys. So Cynthia was supposed to get up early in the morning to get ready and go welcome them alongside the emperor and Ruveliss. But Cynthia not being a morning person had to be dragged out of bed as usual.

(5:00 am)

"Princess please, If you don't get up you will be late!" Said Amy.

"Mmmh, it's so early. Why do I have to wake up right now?" I asked with a yawn.

That's when Julie came in with a bunch of maids. They looked as if they were ready to go into battle or something.

"Alright ladies, let's get to work." Said Julie with a clap.

The maids two maids rushed to the bathroom to prepare Cynthia's bath and two maids went to pick out a dress for her. Julie walked up to Cynthia and yanked her blanket off her. Before Cynthia could say anything Julie carried her bridal style and walked to the bathroom.

"W-wait, what are you doing," I asked.

They stripped me down naked and gave me a rose oil massage. Then they put me into the bathtub to bathe me. I swear I have never felt this sexually assaulted my whole life!

They began washing my hair and applying various scrubs on me.

"I think you are going too overboard with this!" I said.

"What are you saying, your highness? You have to look at the prettiest at the banquet today." Said, Julie

"This isn't my coming of age ceremony nor my wedding Julie," I said feeling a little frustrated.

"So what? You are the princess of the empire and also the one who organized this banquet you must look the best. Who knows you might be able to catch the eye of the prince, I heard that he is very good looking." Said Amy.

"I don't need to catch the eye of anyone. I am not planning to wag my tail in front of someone just because they are good looking." I said.

"Of course not princess, the prince of Ambrosia shall wag his tail in front of you." Said Amy with a wink.

Oh, dear...

"Amy! Watch your mouth he's a prince!" Shouted Julie.

The whole room was filled with laughter and giggles. The maids soon finished bathing and started dressing me up in my dress for the welcome ceremony. I shall be wearing a different dress while welcoming them and a different dress at the banquet tonight.

I wore a lavender-colored off-shoulder dress with short sleeves. It was short in the front and long behind. This was the most beautiful dress I had ever seen. Julie styled my hair into a side braid and have me a beautiful diamond necklace.

"Princess, you look absolutely stunning!" Said Ashley another maid, with tears in her eyes.

"Thank you, everyone, this is all because of your hard word," I said with a smile.

The real Cynthia was truly blessed with good looks. She definitely must have got it from her mother. Now that I think about it......I know nothing about her mother's side.

"Princess, we must leave now, the emperor must be waiting." Said Julie.

It was already 7:30 am and I had to leave soon. I put on my heels and left immediately. I left for the main palace in my carriage. For some reason I wasn't feeling so well, I felt this ominous feeling within like something was going to happen. But I decided to ignore it.