Johnny was knocked out of his thoughts by the sound of a scream just when he came to a stop next to Tommy and Dutch.

There was a girl in a black jersey and blue jeans who got up from the ground painfully, blood dripping from the corner of her lip onto the cement floor, standing in a dead end area that only had one escape.

Johnny wasn't sure if her other side was bleeding as well seeing as he could only see her right side.

Whoever the girl was, she was one hell of a fighter. She may not be skilled but at least she wasn't cowering away from the four guys that were trying to touch her.

Something in Johnny snapped. There was one thing he could not handle and that was seeing a man lift a hand for a woman in an abusive way like that, not in training or teaching but in anger and other... intentions. It was probably because he barely could do anything when his step-father mistreated his own mother. Johnny knew that he wasn't a saint and that he could be an A-grade asshole but he would never lay a hand on a woman in such a manner.

"Get away from her!" Johnny tore the guy with black hair off of the honey brown-red headed girl and punched him in the face.

"What the fuck, man?!"

The guy's friends were about to attack Johnny —who immediately dropped into a karate stance, his knees bend and one foot in front of the other and his fists up— when his friends joined in and followed Johnny's lead and made a sort of half-circle around the girl, their backs to her, protecting her from the men that looked about to be maybe nineteen or twenty.

Johnny could barely process any words that came out of the black-haired man —who he assumed was the leader— as his gaze throbbed with redness. Anger spreading through him like a pack of rabid wolves, nipping and biting at every fibre of his body.

What made Johnny finally move was the sound of a pained grunt from behind him and he lost every shred of sense when a memory of his mother's pained grunt echoed through him as if it was happening right now when in fact it happened years ago when Sid first slapped her.

"Hiya!" Johnny kicked the guy in his face and it was as if a chemical reaction went off because the other boys immediately followed.

Bobby had gotten the blonde-haired guy with green eyes into a chokehold and his arm painfully crushed against his back while Tommy was throwing punch after punch against the man's face and torso.

Dutch dodged the punch coming from the brown-haired guy with brown eyes and grabbed his wrist, pulling him down and angled a kick to his face before pulling him down once more, he twisted his body and slammed his foot against the guy's back, making his face meet the floor. Dutch was still gripping his arm and held it extremely tight in a position that if he pulled sharply to the left he would pull the guy's arm out of its socket.

Jimmy took a punch to the face when the guy he was fighting pulled out a knife and Jimmy had to avoid it only to get punched. Jimmy was quick to recover but in that second of distraction the guy thrust his blade and it would have gone through his torso or ribs if the girl they were trying to protect didn't slam a book on the guy's hand. It knocked the blade out of his grasp. And then she let out an angered shout and slammed the thick book into the guy's face that resulted in a sounding crunch and dripping blood and a scream that would put any man to shame.

The girl broke the guy's nose and when he was distracted she kicked him in the chest, making him fall on his back hard and hit the back of his head against the cement floor, unconscious. Jimmy caught her when she stumbled to the back slightly from the force of her kick and her injuries.

Johnny couldn't think as he slammed his fists into the guy's face over and over and over again as the sound of the girl's earliest grunt and his mother's replayed in his head like a broken record and he didn't notice that the guy was already unconscious.