Cindy: Did you defeat him?

Y/n: Who?

Cindy: The other you?

Y/n: … No, he's still out there. And I've been searching ever since I found the other Gwen, but I could never find him. I try to track him with his tooth, but it seems he moves faster than I could track him…

Cindy: I see…

Y/n: *sighs* Well, I'll look into it more tonight. Right now we need to start your training. Good to see you already had a suit.

Cindy: Well, when I was in isolation I had a good idea how to use my powers, but I can't control them. I only know things involving my webs, like how to shoot them.

Y/n: But that's not a power? 

Cindy: Huh? Yeah it is, look see.

Suddenly Cindy shoots a web from her wrist. Y/n's eyes widened as he saw she wasn't wearing any web shooters. Y/n puts his elbow over his mouth as he begins to cough.

Y/n: *cough cough* What the fuck?! 

Cindy: What? you don't shoot webs out of your wrist? 

Y/n: No!! 

After a few minutes, Y/n finally began to calm down, as puts his mask and hood on.

Y/n: Alright, come on. We're gonna practice your wall climbing. 

Y/n opens a portal in front of him revealing the side of the Empire state building.

Cindy: U-uh. Is that safe?

Y/n: Yeah, look I'll go first, then you follow my lead, okay?

Cindy: Alright… 

Y/n reaches his hand through the portal, allowing him to touch the building on the other side. Y/n then takes the full step, as Cindy looks through the portal to see Y/n on the side of the building sticking effortlessly.

Y/n: *shouts through the portal* It's cold and windy up here! What I want you to do is latch onto me when you jump through, got it?!

Cindy hesitantly nods before jumping through the portal. Y/n quickly grabs her hand and pulls her up to him. 

Y/n: Good job.

Cindy's face began to flare up a bit.

Cindy: T-Thanks. 

Y/n began to help her attempt to stick to the wall, with her having her hands and feet touching the side of the building.

Y/n: Just imagine sticking alright? Don't think of falling, think of being latched onto the building. Just relax, I'm here for you in case something happens, just focus on staying on the wall.

Cindy, who was hyperventilating, began to take a deep breath and slow her breathing. Y/n felt her body stabilize as he slowly took his hands off of her.

Y/n: You did it. Cindy you did it, you're sticking!

Cindy looks at her hands and feet before looking at Y/n and beginning to laugh happily.

Cindy: I did it… I did it!-

Suddenly from all of the excitement, she accidentally unsticks, which before she could fall, Y/n grabs onto her again.

Cindy: … thanks...

Y/n: *sigh* Let's try to not get too excited okay?

Cindy nods.

Y/n: Let's practice a bit more, and call it a day. I even know this one place we could eat?

Cindy: *trying to avoid looking down* Yeah, sure okay.

----

It was now night as Y/n and Cindy are seen sitting above a restaurant eating some Chinese food. 

Cindy: ...Y/n, Is it okay I ask you something?

Y/n: Shoot.

Cindy: How… how are you okay?

Y/n: *looks at her confused* Huh?

Cindy: Ms. Romanoff told me about Gwen and Petra. How are you still willing to be a hero? And… and with what happened on Titan?

As she asked him this, Y/n places his food down and stares at the city skyline.

Y/n: *sighs* I'm still a hero, because the people need heros more than ever. They need someone who will swear to protect them, no matter the dangers. Because now, the world is on the verge of collapse, with the evil still lurking around every corner…

He holds his chest.

Y/n: I thought about quitting … after Gwen died… but, all I would do is add more to the ever growing body count. When Petra died, I knew that the city needed me more than ever. I may have failed at Titan, and I failed to save Gwen… but I will not fail to save anyone else. And I promised to myself, no more. No more people will die on my watch. If I can, I will prevent it. I will not fail anyone else, no matter the cost.

Cindy smiles under her mask.

Cindy: I'm happy to know the team and I are in good hands. And… about the other Gwen, I'm glad you saved her from her own world. That was a great thing you did Y/n.

Y/n: *chuckles* Come on, let's finish up the food. I gotta get back to the lab and update my logs.

Cindy: *giggles and speaks sarcastically* Yes sir~. 

Cindy smiles to herself, as this moment, felt like those moments they had as lab partners… She looks at her once classmate and crush, is now a hero that everyone, including her, will always look up to.