Chapter 3: The True Demon

Začít od začátku

"..." Ryuuen scrutinized the girl for a certain reason.

The girl didn't look right. Her face was quite worrying for the normal, her breathing was ragged, and she was firmly clutching her chest with a great deal of force.

"Haah...Haah...Haah—hh—!" Bam! She fell to the ground with her body curled like a fetus. She was still clutching her chest. She quivered and quivered for every attempt of taking in air. Her eyes were acutely shut. She was in pain; she was...expiring.

"...Shit."

Meanwhile, at the back, about a single step away, a certain boy with brown hair was just staring at such a horrible display. His eyes bear no hint of sympathy nor fear; like an abyss staring at an insignificant existence, there was nothing. Nothing.

"...Ayanokouji...?" He looked at the same emotionless eyes which, a few months ago, made him feel fear for the first time; the same eyes that broke his prided mental resilience. He still vividly remembered the sight of him raining down hammers with a blank yet frightening face.

Soon after, the girl's desperation grew wild and wilder. And soon after...she was silent.

"...Shit."

"..."

The man then gave the brown-haired boy a simple look; still, the boy understood the implication—he will be the one to enter that room.

The perspective then changed to a different camera: the one inside that room.

"The fuck?! This is messed up!"

The crippled man was there, restrained to a chair whilst trembling. The floor was of red mire, blood of those who perished before. Clunk! The trembling grew more and more as the still vibrations of air were disturbed.

Creak...

"! Is that...?"

As the door opened, a faint silhouette of a boy was seen. Despite being described as a silhouette, and despite the room being ill-lit, a demonic glint can be seen in two orbs, and in his right, bears a sharp blade.

"...Shit!"

The blade was twisted both figurative and literal; it was diabolical, held by a demon.

"Hieee!" The cripple let out a dry shriek and was wriggling his chair intensely. The floor made thumps and syrupy splashes of red.

Ryuuen's face became even more invested. His scrutinizing eyes became more prominent; he looked intently as if forgetting how to blink.

Creak...clunk!—a sound so familiar to the cripple; yet, the accompanying emotion was vastly different.

"[...]" A specific body part was mentioned through the speaker installed above.

Clomp...Clomp...Clomp. The boy started walking towards him.

The cripple's intense writhing was now even more. Bam! Splash! The chair fell down to the syrupy ground, sending violent ripples throughout.

"No-no-no-no-no-no!" the cripple pleaded with such rapidity in speech.

Splash! Splash!...Ripple...ripple. The violent splashes and ripples were now even more as the restrained cripple desperately tried to get away from that demon.

When the demon was near, he looked down from above. Or to be more precise, looking at the specified body part. The cripple's squirms and expression were now indescribable, way beyond the words horror. His former shrieks are now mixed with nightmarish chatters. And then...

STAB!

"AAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGHHH!"

"!!!"

"Urrrggghhh! Mmmmmm! Ahhh! Ahhh!"

"[...]" Once again another body part was mentioned through the speaker.

"Hieee!"

STAB!

"AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!"

"[...]"

"Sh...htha...ap"

STAB!

"URRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!"

A cycle of instruction to action to screams was formed. It would never stop until the cripple would become a twitching corpse. The red mire which once coated the room was now overlayed with fresh blood. It wasn't just the room, the demon too was coated with fresh blood; he bathed in the blood of the bloody, squirming cripple.

"[...]"

"Rrrgh...Sh—shroph...shrr—"

STAB!—

"SHUT!" Ryuuen forcibly turned off his phone, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. "Haaaah," he sighed and reopened his eyes, "What the fuck?!"

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

May 1st, 3:45 p.m.

After sending mail to Kei, I motioned my body with quicker steps than I did before, the destination was my dorm room. In contrast to where I was before, the place was a bit crowded, but not too crowded. The atmosphere was a bit thick and uneasy; I heard whispers here and there. Shocked and terrified expressions ran rampant. But, the sounds seemed a bit dampened when I was near.

At this point, it's no longer a mere suspicion; something definitely happened. Considering the actions and interactions of people I've seen near me, the issue seems to revolve around me. Furthermore..."White Room"? I heard those two words earlier.

Did that man make his move? No, disclosing its existence is far too risky, even for that man. Luckily, I wasn't particularly close to anyone within close proximity. I hastened my steps and reached my dorm room.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

A few moments later, after Ayanokouji entered his room.

My ringtone started playing, I checked and it showed Kei's number. I immediately answered.

"..." I intentionally held back my words to gauge how much she knew. Kei not showing signs of ecstatic lips with a call from me—her boyfriend—I knew that she had information.

"What happened?"

"...Y—you...don't...know?" she muttered with a hint of uneasiness. No, not just that; it seemed like, she was suppressing...tears.

"...What do you mean?"

"You! Y—you're...in the...news..."

"!!!"

Author's Note:

I hope you guys liked it, and I hope you guys aren't confused with all the jumping perspectives and time manipulation. If you weren't confused, then congratulations you are now qualified to become a time-traveler.

Blondie (you know, the cute girl with purple eyes who screams MOU!!!!) was supposed to have a bit more presence in this chapter; yet, it became too long that I have to split it into two. The next chapter will be titled The Lover's Dilemma. By the way, as to remove confusion, the next chapter focuses on what happened before the phone call.

--Intermission--

KiyoPawnz: Oy! Ryuuen why didn't you do a lot of that distinct chuckle you always do, you scared or som'n Huh?! The readers are starving! Craving for it!

Ryuuen: Kuku. You speak to me like that, I'll beat you up.

KiyoPawnz: 😱😱😱 Haieeee!

--CUT--

Once again: "I don't know when the next update will come; perhaps, sometime next week? Or maybe even half a week. I don't really know." still applies here.

See you next update! 😰💔 😭 😭 😭. Sob...sob...sob.