Chapter 1 [Birth]

Start from the beginning

"Hmm?" she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw something red glistening in the distance, this wouldn't really be unusual considering the location of the unidentified object. 

The Shore of Nauscency was the location where every Gem was born, it was the place where their bodies were washed ashore and gained sentience, well, only a few of them did. It was extremely rare for a Gem to gain the level of consciousness as they have.

However, the object the red-haired individual was seeing seemed to be moving, albeit slightly, and its shape seemed

However, the object the red-haired individual was seeing seemed to be moving, albeit slightly, and its shape seemed... inconsistent. Deciding to come to take a closer look her eyes bulged out at what she saw. A tall, crimson figure surrounded and covered in red substance wobbly standing on its legs. Taking a step closer alerted it of her presence and its head whipped towards her in an instant, instead of eyes it had holes and its features were very sharp and undefined, it was far from humanoid. 

"Umm... hello?" she received no response, which really wasn't unsurprising considering it most likely couldn't even understand her, it was born just now for crying out loud! "Ugh, what am I doing? Of course, you can't-"

"▞§┣!┗▖┗┣ ▚?┛▘+▞━?!;" as if trying to speak the figure in front of her let out a variety of sounds that didn't even sound like words. 

The red-haired individual was left shellshocked, she didn't know what new Gems behaved like when they were born, but this didn't seem normal. Not knowing what to do she turned around and started to run towards the school which was a considerable distance away. 

"Please wait here, I'll go get sensei!" despite the fact it couldn't understand her she hoped it would at least remain in the same spot until she returned with sensei. Getting to the large building did take some time but she didn't have the luxury of thinking about that, she ran to where she knew her sensei was.

"Sensei!" she nearly fell as she ran up the stairs into the sensei's room. 

"Quickly, a new Gem has been born on the shore!" this news greatly shocked the broad-shouldered male, a new Gem has just been born and in the middle of the night nonetheless. 

Wasting no time the male stood up and quickly sped past the red-haired girl who had to push herself just to keep up. But to their surprise, it seemed that the Gem the red-haired girl mentioned didn't listen to her words to stay in place and slowly followed her, leaving behind traces of red liquid which seemed to have accelerated the sprouting process of grass and flowers. Sensei took a step further, the crimson Gem didn't do anything in response as the much taller male put his palm onto its head, "Welcome home."

[Three Days Later]

The news of a new Gem being born spread extremely quickly, yet everyone was disappointed when their sensei told them they couldn't see or talk to him yet. Yes, him, which was the most surprising thing of the entire ordeal. While their sensei gave them female pronouns this particular Gem was given a male pronoun. Perhaps his body was different? Perhaps he in his entirety was different. They didn't know and they desperately wanted to know. So they kept pestering their sensei to at least tell them something about him in the meantime while he privately taught the male Gem everything he needed to know.