"george?" nick asked, and it didn't sound like it was the first time he'd said it. george looked up and hummed. "did you hear me? i said you're lame, what's the coolest thing you've even ever done?"

"um... probably being in the car with you just now..?" he answered pathetically, knowing how boring it really was. "i've never really had a lot of opportunities to do cool stuff, i guess."

nick seemed to weigh his options for a moment. "would your parents let you have a sleepover, do you think? with us?" he asked, and george had to think about that for a second.

"um.. not if dream is there." he answered honestly, looking up at his boyfriend with sorrowful eyes.

"your parents know about me?" dream asked with an endearing smile. george nodded, looking down at his feet.

"well... we don't have to tell them he's there right?" karl suggested. "you can lie?"

"i'm not a good liar, but i can try! that would probably be the new coolest thing i've done." george played with his fingers, and noticed the way that dream moved to touch him but hesitated due to his state of being soaking wet.

george looked up at dream with a soft smile, leaning into his embrace with no regard for the water beading off of his body. he didn't care about getting his shirt wet, not if it meant he could hold his boyfriend close.

"well if we can do this tonight, you're gonna end up with a lot of new coolest things you've ever done." nick said proudly, nodding along. "if you just text and ask, you don't have to be a good liar right?"

"yeah, i could do that." george said warmly, reaching for his phone. dream's hand still rested against his back as he went to text his mom.

"who's house?" george asked as he began to compose his message.

"mine!" karl piped in immediately, not even allowing anybody time to dispute.

can i stay the night with karl and nick at karl's house tonight? they're the ones from class i told you about.

george put his phone back in his pocket for the time being, shifting on his feet as he felt the dock rise and fall a bit on the water.

"okay look, i know you don't wanna do the whole skateboard-dock thing but can you swim with me a little? i wanna get back in." dream asked george with a persuasive smile, running a hand through his wet hair to push it back.

"i'm wearing jeans..." george argued lightheartedly, admittedly wanting to get in the water but unsure how to solve this problem.

dream sighed and furrowed his brow as he thought for a moment, looking at karl and nick for a solution. they came up empty, and he pouted. "well, just roll them up and sit on the edge here with me then."

george was happy to comply to this, sitting at the end of the dock and taking off his shoes and socks, rolling his jeans halfway up his calves. he hissed with a smile at the coldness of the water, but dream didn't seem bothered at all by the temperature.

george leaned into his boyfriend's side, smiling at the sound of karl and nick diving into the water together on the other end of the dock.

ding

sure, just send me his address first so i know where you're at.

"i got approval!" george announced happily. "i just need your address."

after that dispute was taken care of, dream slid back into the water in front of george from the dock. george giggled as his boyfriend swam in front of him, his hands resting on either side of george's legs where he sat.

"wanna see me do a flip?" he asked, pulling himself back onto the dock once more and standing at the edge of the dock a few feet away from george.

"i definitely wanna see you do a flip, but don't splash me please." george said halfheartedly, when really he accepted the fact that he would probably get wet from the performance.

"no promises!" dream yelled as he hurled himself into the air, tucking and doing a perfect flip into the water. as expected, his landing sprayed plenty of water onto george's small frame, making the british boy laugh with fake frustration. dream's head emerged from beside george, a prideful smile plastered on his face.

"was it cool?" he asked, already knowing the answer as he rested his arm and head on the dock beside george.

"it was awesome." george said, leaning down and planting an unexpected kiss on his boyfriend's cold lips. "you taste like lake water." he observed, and dream laughed.

"what did you expect?"

"i don't know." he admitted, acknowledging his mistake. "kiss me again."

-

a/n i deleted a boring chapter draft to publish this because i'm cool, you're welcome guys