18

nick sped out of the parking lot, immediately causing the whole car to erupt in laughter. in front with him was karl, with his window rolled down and his hair flying in the wind. in back were dream and george, staring at each other as they giggled.

george watched dream for reassurance, and dream watched george for a reaction. both boys got exactly what they were looking for, george was comforted by dream's smile and dream was vastly entertained by the thrill in george's expression.

george would squeal at the feeling of the sharp turns that nick took in the car, letting out high-pitched squeaks as the fluttery feeling in his stomach became too much for him to handle. he threw his head back and laughed hysterically when nick flipped a u-turn in the empty parking lot, and dream just watched him with admiration seeping out of his pores.

nick finally pulled into a parking space in front of a lake, everybody immediately jumping out. karl had his skateboard with him, hopping on and immediately making everybody watch him do an ollie. he smiled proudly after landing, looking directly at nick for affirmation. nick, of course, provided.

"that was sick! you did so good." nick assured, motioning everyone to follow him toward the shore of the lake. karl skated his way to the dock that stood proudly over the water, yelling with excitement as he sped down the ramp. when he made it to the dock his speed continued, leading him right into the lake.

he may not have intended to dive head first into the lake when he was making his way to the dock, but he didn't seem to have an issue with it as his head popped back up out of the water, skateboard in hand. he crawled up onto the dock, sopping wet from head to toe.

"karl!" nick yelled, laughing hysterically. "are you o-" before he could even ask his question, karl practically screamed the words;

"THAT WAS SO COOL!"

everybody laughed and agreed, and dream asked if he could try it.

"can you even skate?" karl asked to make sure, encouraging the fun but definitely not wanting to lose his friend or his skateboard. mostly his friend, but he really liked his skateboard too.

"yes i can, give it here." dream said with a grin, taking off his shoes and tugging his t shirt over his head. george couldn't help but blush at the now swimming pool attire his boyfriend wore, noticing just how perfectly toned his chest was.

dream gave george a confident smile as he approached the ramp of the dock, still watching his boyfriend's eyes as he began to speed down it. george stood on the dock waiting for him to go by, whooping encouragingly.

dream held george's eye contact until the very last second, smiling right at his boyfriend even as his body began to submerge in the water. george could barely even focus on the trick because he was so distracted by the way it felt to be the one dream watched as he did his trick.

george yelled enthusiastically as dream fell completely in the water, and when dream's wet blonde hair emerged again he cheered even louder. dream tossed the board up onto the dock, pulling himself up easily and laying down on the dock. he pushed the wet curls from his eyes and looked up at george, who now kneeled beside him.

"that was awesome!" george complimented, and dream smiled proudly.

"i know right. it felt awesome. you should try it."

"i appreciate the thought but no, absolutely not." george laughed, watching as karl retrieved his dripping wet skateboard. dream sat up now, the beading water sparkling against his freckled back.

george couldn't resist admiring for a second, taking advantage when dream looked out across the lake. his boyfriend was surely beautiful, more beautiful than he could ever have wanted. the imaginary boy he used to dream of would pale in comparison to clay.