17

george sighed contently as he felt the gentle tickle of a kiss being pressed to his cheek, then one to his other cheek, and he started to giggle. another kiss landed on his forehead, and then dream's performance was punctuated with one more sweet kiss on the lips.

his eyes finally opened to look up at the blonde in front of him, getting a good view of his glowing skin in the sun. his eyes flashed a striking green in the sunlight with a hint of blue, and george was breathless. both of his dainty hands still gripping the larger for support, george asked, "what time is it?"

"6:27. are you hungry?" dream replied after checking his phone with his one free hand, not even willing to attempt to take his right arm away from george's grasp.

"hm, now that you mention it i think so." his head rested once again on dream's shoulder, feeling his cheek squish up against it.

you're my whole world.

that was what dream thought to himself when he felt george's cheek meet his shoulder. his next thought, immediately, was to correct himself.

no he isn't, it's far too early for that. you just like him. a lot.

"i like you." he said without thinking, hardly even realizing he'd said it until george nuzzled harder into him.

"i like you too.." it was small and muffled, the voice that replied, hidden in the fabric of dream's hoodie. he wanted to ask dream to kiss him again, but he didn't have it in him. it was his first kiss that dream had just taken, and he was honestly scared that he was somehow doing it wrong.

"good. i'm trying to think of something we can do for breakfast, i would take you out somewhere if i could, the nicest place possible, but i... i don't have any money. at all." saying the sentence out loud made dream feel weaker than he could even explain. what kind of boyfriend was he ever going to be to george if he never had any money? no gifts to give his darling boy?

"i can pay!" george said it as if it wasn't a big deal, as if it wouldn't shatter dream's entire ego. of course george didn't understand the weight of his words, it was a great idea to him.

"i can take you by somewhere to buy yourself breakfast if you want that, but you're definitely not buying anything for me." he said it with a forced laugh, hoping it would be believable enough.

george watched dream's face, at first in admiration, but soon noticed that there was something wrong. the green eyes seemed glossed over with shame as they looked out at the lake.

"of course i am..." he held dream's arm tighter. "dream, money's not an issue for me, and it's just breakfast. you brought me all the way out here, you've done so much for me already. let me get you breakfast." george spoke still as if it was so obvious, as if it made so much sense and was so okay. this should've reassured dream, but instead it only told the blonde that george just didn't understand.

dream shook his head softly, looking down at his shoes where they sat crossed over each other on the pavement in front of him.

"dream?" george asked softly. when dream looked up at him, he continued, "what's the matter? really?"

as dream thought for a long time, trying to compile all of his thoughts into an answer that made sense, george held onto him tightly. a few random squeezes assured him that george was still there, still waiting, still cared.

"it just makes me feel so pathetic sometimes. i'm sorry. i would get a job, but i can't even focus enough on school as it is. i can't imagine how i'd be doing if i lost those extra hours to work after school, i'd probably get kicked from the team."